Who is Ingeborg BachmannIngeborg Bachmann (25 June 1926 – 17 October 1973) was an Austrian poet and author.
Biography Bachmann was born in Klagenfurt, in the Austrian state of Carinthia, the daughter of a headmaster. She studied philosophy, psychology, German philology, and law at the universities of Innsbruck, Graz, and Vienna. In 1949, she received her Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Vienna with her dissertation titled "The Critical Reception of the Existential Philosophy of Martin Heidegger"; her thesis adviser was Victor Kraft.
After graduating, Bachmann worked as a scriptwriter and editor at the Allied radio station Rot-Weiss-Rot, a job that enabled her to obtain an overview of contemporary literature and also supplied her with a decent income, making ...
Read Full Biography
Ingeborg Bachmann Poems
Im Winter ist meine Geliebte
unter den Tieren des Waldes.
DaÃ? ich vor Morgen zurÃ¼ckmuÃ?,
weiÃ? die FÃ¼chsin und lacht. ...
Each and every thing cuts wounds,
and neither of us has forgiven the other.
Hurting like you and hurtful,
I lived towards you. ...
- Easter Zunday
Last Easter Jim put on his blue
Frock cwoat, the vu'st time-vier new;
Wi' yollow buttons all o' brass,
That glitter'd in the zun lik' glass; ...
- The Geate A-vallen To
In the zunsheen of our zummers
Wi' the hay time now a-come,
How busy wer we out a-vield
Wi' vew a-left at hwome, ...
Verwunschnes Wolkenschloß, in dem wir treiben...
Wer weiß, ob wir nicht schon durch viele Himmel
so ziehen mit verglasten Augen?
Wir, in die Zeit verbannt ...
Top 10 most used topics by Ingeborg BachmannAway 7 World 7 Love 6 I Love You 6 Night 6 Moon 6 Time 6 White 5 Head 5 Heart 5
Ingeborg Bachmann Quotes
Comments about Ingeborg Bachmann
- Dreamsofbeing_: “must i, with this hail-battered head, with writing cramps in this hand, under the pressure of three hundred nights, rip this paper apart, sweep away the plotted word operas, destroying thus: i you and he she it we you?” —no delicacies, ingeborg bachmann (tr. mark anderson)
- Amocalypse: okay i lied. i read the *first* letter paul celan wrote to ingeborg bachmann. and i need to go lie down.
- Amocalypse: i notice that there isn't a paul celan and ingeborg bachmann bot. hmm.
- Fkittlerbot: there is nothing more beautiful under the sun wrote ingeborg bachmann from the information.
- Amocalypse: "today you are dear to me and so present. that is what i want to tell you at all costs—i often neglected to do so during that time." ~ ingeborg bachmann to paul celan, vienna, christmas 1948, not sent