Who is Emily DickinsonEmily Elizabeth Dickinson (December 10, 1830 – May 15, 1886) was an American poet.
Dickinson was born in Amherst, Massachusetts into a prominent family with strong ties to its community. After studying at the Amherst Academy for seven years in her youth, she briefly attended the Mount Holyoke Female Seminary before returning to her family's house in Amherst.
Evidence suggests that Dickinson lived much of her life in isolation. Considered an eccentric by locals, she developed a penchant for white clothing and was known for her reluctance to greet guests or, later in life, to even leave her bedroom. Dickinson never married, and most friendships between her and others depended entirely upon correspondence.
While Dickinson was a prolific poet, f...
Read Full Biography
Emily Dickinson Poems
- Aacun Avis Ne Lui A Donne
Aucun avis ne lui a donné, mais un changement
- pas de message, mais un soupir - pour qui, le
temps n'a pas suffi à ce qu'elle précise. Elle
n'était pas chaude, bien que l'été brillait Ni ...
- El Trabajo Más Duro De Todos Los Hombres Por Honor
El trabajo más duro de todos los hombres por Honor
Pero no se sabe que ganen ...
- Alle Männer Für Ehre Arbeiten Am Härtesten
Alle Männer für Ehre arbeiten am härtesten
Aber es ist nicht bekannt, dass sie verdienen ...
- Tous Les Hommes Pour Honor Travaillent Dur
Tous les hommes pour Honor travaillent dur
Mais ne sont pas connus pour gagner ...
- Comme La Pluie, ça Sonnait Jusqu'à Ce Qu'elle Se Courbe
Comme la pluie, ça sonnait jusqu'à ce qu'elle se courbe
Et puis j'ai de nouveaux «twas Wind- ...
Top 10 most used topics by Emily DickinsonAway 262 Never 211 Life 199 Sun 195 Death 170 Time 168 Face 165 Night 154 Soul 153 God 148
Emily Dickinson Quotes
- I dwell in possibility...
- Because I could not stop for Death -- He kindly stopped for me -- The carriage held but just ourselves And immortality.
- Becuase I could not stop for Death He kindly stopped for me The carriage held but just ourselves And Immortality
- We turn not older with years, but newer every day.
- Hope is a thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without words And never stops at all.
Comments about Emily Dickinson
- Schizosemia: "nobody has a good word to say about mabel todd. when she’s remembered at all, it’s as a homewrecker: the vamp who seduced emily dickinson’s brother, austin, 27 years her senior, & destroyed his marriage to susan gilbert, emily’s closest confidante."
- Thehistoryboy: 'grief is the shadow love casts in the light of loss. the grander the love, the vaster the shadow.'
- Columbia_newz: the possible's slow fuse is lit by the imagination. -emily dickinson
- Gemmamarielark: after working on it for a year i could not be happier that i got a first for my dissertation! emily dickinson was an amazing topic, couldn't imagine writing about anyone else!!!!
- Kenivoy: i'm nobody! who are you? are you – nobody – too? then there's a pair of us! don't tell! they'd advertise – you know! how dreary – to be – somebody! how public – like a frog – to tell one's name – the livelong june to an admiring bog! (emily dickinson)
Write your comment about Emily Dickinson
Michael: S do I'll try to io