Who is Thomas MooreThomas Moore (28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852) was an Irish poet, singer, songwriter, and entertainer, now best remembered for the lyrics of "The Minstrel Boy" and "The Last Rose of Summer". As Lord Byron's named literary executor, along with John Murray, Moore was responsible for burning Lord Byron's memoirs after his death. In his lifetime he was often referred to as Anacreon Moore.
From a relatively early age Moore showed an interest in music and other performing arts. He sometimes appeared in musical plays with his friends, such as The Poor Soldier by John O'Keeffe (music by William Shield), and at one point had ambitions to become an actor. Moore attended several Dublin schools including Samuel Whyte's English Grammar School in Grafton Street where he learned ...
Read Full Biography
Thomas Moore Poems
- El Bonito Rosal
Estar cansado del amor
Volé a la arboleda,
Y me escogió un árbol de la más bella;
Diciendo: "Bonito rosal, ...
- Song Of A Hyperborean
I come from a land in the sun bright deep,
Where golden gardens grow;
Where the winds of the north, be calmed in sleep,
Their conch-shells never blow. ...
- Fare Thee Well, Thou Lovely One! (sicilian Air.)
Fare thee well, thou lovely one!
Lovely still, but dear no more;
Once his soul of truth is gone,
Love's sweet life is o'er. ...
- The Pretty Rose-tree
Being weary of love,
I flew to the grove,
And chose me a tree of the fairest;
Saying, "Pretty Rose-tree, ...
- Peace Be Around Thee. (scotch Air.)
Peace be around thee, wherever thou rov'st;
May life be for thee one summer's day,
And all that thou wishest and all that thou lov'st
Come smiling around thy sunny way! ...
Top 10 most used topics by Thomas MooreBright 277 Sweet 260 Long 212 Soul 207 Young 161 Earth 148 Thought 132 Spirit 126 Good 112 True 112
Thomas Moore Quotes
Comments about Thomas Moore
- Dr_catko: ‘i stand the law’s good servant but the people’s first. for the law must serve people, not people the law.’ ^ margaret ng quoting sir thomas moore as she spoke at court today
- Thewhiskeychaps: nhlc intro’s new thomas s. moore cask-finished single barrel bourbon whiskeys
- Aussieblonk: not upset collingwood are losing, i'm a carlton supporter. but as a footy fan, sucks seeing moore forward in this team. and, every time i watch josh thomas, makes me think i was harsh on jarryd blair.
- Lorenzomatthew: something i wrote for yesterday's west ham programme to help celebrate bobby moore's birthday. he captained the irons to victory in the european cup winners cup in 1965. with a bit of luck he'll be looking down on a european campaign this year too.
- Thedak04: my team next week but i have no idea who will be second ruck. so maybe cameron for whe ? maynard roughead crisp murphy keane quaynor mciness pendlebury daicos mihocek kelly hoskin-elliot thomas moore mcceery foll: grundy macrae sidebottom inter noble greenwood madgen henry