Who is Thomas MooreThomas Moore (28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852) was an Irish poet, singer, songwriter, and entertainer, now best remembered for the lyrics of "The Minstrel Boy" and "The Last Rose of Summer". As Lord Byron's named literary executor, along with John Murray, Moore was responsible for burning Lord Byron's memoirs after his death. In his lifetime he was often referred to as Anacreon Moore.
From a relatively early age Moore showed an interest in music and other performing arts. He sometimes appeared in musical plays with his friends, such as The Poor Soldier by John O'Keeffe (music by William Shield), and at one point had ambitions to become an actor. Moore attended several Dublin schools including Samuel Whyte's English Grammar School in Grafton Street where he learned ...
Read Full Biography
Thomas Moore Poems
- El Bonito Rosal
Estar cansado del amor
Volé a la arboleda,
Y me escogió un árbol de la más bella;
Diciendo: "Bonito rosal, ...
- Song Of A Hyperborean
I come from a land in the sun bright deep,
Where golden gardens grow;
Where the winds of the north, be calmed in sleep,
Their conch-shells never blow. ...
- Fare Thee Well, Thou Lovely One! (sicilian Air.)
Fare thee well, thou lovely one!
Lovely still, but dear no more;
Once his soul of truth is gone,
Love's sweet life is o'er. ...
- The Pretty Rose-tree
Being weary of love,
I flew to the grove,
And chose me a tree of the fairest;
Saying, "Pretty Rose-tree, ...
- Peace Be Around Thee. (scotch Air.)
Peace be around thee, wherever thou rov'st;
May life be for thee one summer's day,
And all that thou wishest and all that thou lov'st
Come smiling around thy sunny way! ...
Top 10 most used topics by Thomas MooreBright 277 Sweet 260 Long 212 Soul 207 Young 161 Earth 148 Thought 132 Spirit 126 Good 112 True 112
Thomas Moore Quotes
Comments about Thomas Moore
- Cahurstjr: “in the e-mail, a scientist named thomas j. moore explained he had been struck by irving’s finding, and he believed there was a way to move this investigation forward—to get to the bottom of what was really going on.” - johann hari, “lost connections”
- Thdomo: another great episode last night of my radio show the lost and found. lots of new music and very different from all my other shows. very good to play whilst you're at work. go here for the show and tracklist:
- Vfdragons: congratulations spelling bee winners!! 5th/6th grade group winner: kinzie varner runner-up: breckyn moore 7th/8th grade group winner: brigg varner runner-up: lauren thomas valley falls will host the county spelling bee on february 2nd at 7:00 pm.
- Sophiasaur924: y'all couldn't get shemar moore back for this episode? i know thomas gibson kicked his way out of being allowed on the set, but morgan would have never missed this moment for penelope.
- Wbontvsports: congrats to madison central senior brayden prewitt on his official offer from thomas moore. had a great year last year for the indians football team.