Who is Thomas MooreThomas Moore (28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852) was an Irish poet, singer, songwriter, and entertainer, now best remembered for the lyrics of "The Minstrel Boy" and "The Last Rose of Summer". As Lord Byron's named literary executor, along with John Murray, Moore was responsible for burning Lord Byron's memoirs after his death. In his lifetime he was often referred to as Anacreon Moore.
From a relatively early age Moore showed an interest in music and other performing arts. He sometimes appeared in musical plays with his friends, such as The Poor Soldier by John O'Keeffe (music by William Shield), and at one point had ambitions to become an actor. Moore attended several Dublin schools including Samuel Whyte's English Grammar School in Grafton Street where he learned ...
Read Full Biography
Thomas Moore Poems
- El Bonito Rosal
Estar cansado del amor
Volé a la arboleda,
Y me escogió un árbol de la más bella;
Diciendo: "Bonito rosal, ...
- Song Of A Hyperborean
I come from a land in the sun bright deep,
Where golden gardens grow;
Where the winds of the north, be calmed in sleep,
Their conch-shells never blow. ...
- Fare Thee Well, Thou Lovely One! (sicilian Air.)
Fare thee well, thou lovely one!
Lovely still, but dear no more;
Once his soul of truth is gone,
Love's sweet life is o'er. ...
- The Pretty Rose-tree
Being weary of love,
I flew to the grove,
And chose me a tree of the fairest;
Saying, "Pretty Rose-tree, ...
- Peace Be Around Thee. (scotch Air.)
Peace be around thee, wherever thou rov'st;
May life be for thee one summer's day,
And all that thou wishest and all that thou lov'st
Come smiling around thy sunny way! ...
Top 10 most used topics by Thomas MooreBright 277 Sweet 260 Long 212 Soul 207 Young 161 Earth 148 Thought 132 Spirit 126 Good 112 True 112
Thomas Moore Quotes
Comments about Thomas Moore
- Floydgerg: "when government fears the people, there is liberty. when the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - thomas jefferson “people shouldn't be afraid of their government. governments should be afraid of their people.” - alan moore, v for vendetta
- _jord45: "when tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." — thomas jefferson
- Opus125: marriages may be made in heaven but they are hatched in hell. —thomas moore
- Bourbon_it: all 3 thomas s. moore products. chardonnay, cabernet and port finished.
- Nflbeast2: browns place jarvis landry on ir