Who is Robert BurnsRobert Burns (25 January 1759 – 21 July 1796), also known familiarly as Rabbie Burns, the National Bard, Bard of Ayrshire and the Ploughman Poet and various other names and epithets,[nb 1] was a Scottish poet and lyricist. He is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide. He is the best known of the poets who have written in the Scots language, although much of his writing is also in English and a light Scots dialect, accessible to an audience beyond Scotland. He also wrote in standard English, and in these writings his political or civil commentary is often at its bluntest.
He is regarded as a pioneer of the Romantic movement, and after his death he became a great source of inspiration to the founders of both liberalism ...
Read Full Biography
Robert Burns Poems
- Now Spring Has Clad The Grove In Green. To Mr. Cunningham
Now spring has clad the grove in green,
And strew'd the lea wi' flowers: ...
- Forlorn, My Love, No Comfort Near
Tune - "Let me in this ae night."
- O Mally's Meek, Mally's Sweet
O Mally's meek, Mally's sweet,
Mally's modest and discreet, ...
- To General Dumourier. Parody On Robin Adair
You're welcome to despots, Dumourier;
You're welcome to despots, Dumourier; ...
- The Dumfries Volunteers
Tune - "Push about the jorum."
Top 10 most used topics by Robert BurnsHeart 333 I Love You 261 Love 261 Never 200 Dear 192 Life 186 Night 184 Sweet 183 Poor 165 Wild 134
Robert Burns Quotes
- O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.
- I have a hundred times wished that one could resign life as an officer resigns a commission.
- If there is another world, he lives in bliss. If there is none, he made the best of this.
Comments about Robert Burns
- Tomlondon6: the time when society was most equal in the uk and the average family could afford to buy a family house? that was the 1970s the time when union power was at its height in the uk? that was the 1970s who destroyed union power in the uk? that was thatcher and then blair
- Pdsongbot: a red, red rose music: traditional scottish lyrics: robert burns, 1794
- Ratfckr: if robert burns were alive today i cant help but think he’d spit absolute bars
- Toyahofficial: toyah & robert's sunday lunch is so f***in special. creep premieres midday at
- Poem2poem: o my luve's like a red, red rose / that's newly sprung in june; / o my luve's like the melodie / that's sweetly played in tune. - robert burns
Write your comment about Robert Burns
Richard C Martin: A great poet, whose works I turn to when I need to water my Scottish roots.