Who is Robert BurnsRobert Burns (25 January 1759 – 21 July 1796), also known familiarly as Rabbie Burns, the National Bard, Bard of Ayrshire and the Ploughman Poet and various other names and epithets,[nb 1] was a Scottish poet and lyricist. He is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide. He is the best known of the poets who have written in the Scots language, although much of his writing is also in English and a light Scots dialect, accessible to an audience beyond Scotland. He also wrote in standard English, and in these writings his political or civil commentary is often at its bluntest.
He is regarded as a pioneer of the Romantic movement, and after his death he became a great source of inspiration to the founders of both liberalism ...
Read Full Biography
Robert Burns Poems
- Now Spring Has Clad The Grove In Green. To Mr. Cunningham
Now spring has clad the grove in green,
And strew'd the lea wi' flowers: ...
- Forlorn, My Love, No Comfort Near
Tune - "Let me in this ae night."
- O Mally's Meek, Mally's Sweet
O Mally's meek, Mally's sweet,
Mally's modest and discreet, ...
- To General Dumourier. Parody On Robin Adair
You're welcome to despots, Dumourier;
You're welcome to despots, Dumourier; ...
- The Dumfries Volunteers
Tune - "Push about the jorum."
Top 10 most used topics by Robert BurnsHeart 333 I Love You 261 Love 261 Never 200 Dear 192 Life 186 Night 184 Sweet 183 Poor 165 Wild 134
Robert Burns Quotes
- O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.
- I have a hundred times wished that one could resign life as an officer resigns a commission.
- If there is another world, he lives in bliss. If there is none, he made the best of this.
Comments about Robert Burns
- Campin_robert: $spqs
- Campin_robert: $spqs principal financial officer: i, jeff burns certify that: 1. i have reviewed this initial public disclosure statement for the six months ending: june 30, 2021 of sportsquest, inc.;
- Dangergodmovie: "rondo and bob" is at the fest on oct 3. texas chain saw massacre art director robert burns was obsessed with cult actor rondo hatton. bob was a normal-looking guy who was strangely creative. rondo was a normal guy who looked strange.
- Katemary2012: ae fond kiss by robert (rabbie) burns. arranged & performed for guitar by dan jones - youtube
- Glenerne: sic' a parcel o' rogues - robert burns (sung by ian bruce)
Write your comment about Robert Burns
Richard C Martin: A great poet, whose works I turn to when I need to water my Scottish roots.