Who is Roger FedererRoger Federer (German: [ˈrɔdʒər ˈfeːdərər]; born 8 August 1981) is a Swiss former professional tennis player. He was ranked world No. 1 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) for 310 weeks, including a record 237 consecutive weeks, and finished as the year-end No. 1 five times. He won 103 ATP singles titles, the second most of all time, including 20 Grand Slam singles titles, a record eight men's singles Wimbledon titles, an Open Era record-tying five men's singles US Open titles, and a record six year-end championships.
Federer played during an era where he dominated men's tennis along with Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as the Big Three, collectively considered by some to be the three most successful male tennis players of all time. A Wimbledon junior champion...
Read Full Biography of Roger Federer
Roger Federer Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Roger Federer
Roger Federer Quotes
- When you do something best in life, you don't really want to give that up - and for me it's tennis.
- My dad said if you become a tennis professional just make sure you get into the top hundred, because you have to make a little bit of money. You make a living so you can pay your coaching and, you know, your travels.
- Before, I guess, mum and dad were everything, but now, in my case, I had two new girls and all of a sudden they're completely dependent on you and there's a third generation. It's a funny shift all of a sudden. You have the babies, you have yourself and then you have your parents.
- When I won in 2003, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would win Wimbledon and have my kids seeing me lift the trophy, so this is pretty surreal. And yeah, I was almost shocked in the moment that it all came together so nicely.
- I used to get nervous, you know if my parents would come watch. And then I would get nervous if my friends came and watched. Today it's not a problem anymore actually, because now I enjoy it. I see that they, you know, respect me immensely, and I try to put on a good show and show that I can still play very good tennis.
Comments about Roger FedererSportnewsblogd1: roger federer praised for role in slam champion’s ‘biggest headlines’
Tennisworlden: 'that's what roger federer has been doing so well for...', says atp star: roger federer has been a role model for many athletes
Tennisworldusa: 'that's what roger federer has been doing so well for...', says atp star
Grace024583510: the master: the long run and beautiful game of roger federer zbmfsrk
Read All Comments