Who is Sarojini NaiduSarojini Naidu (née Chattopadhyay; 13 February 1879 – 2 March 1949) was an Indian independence activist and poet who earned the sobriquet of Nightingale of India. She was born in a Bengali Hindu family at Hyderabad and was educated in Chennai, London and Cambridge. She married Dr. Govindarajulu Naidu and settled down in Hyderabad. She took part in the Indian nationalist movement, became a follower of Mahatma Gandhi and fought for the attainment of Swaraj or independence. She became the President of Indian National Congress and was later appointed as Governor of the United Provinces, now Uttar Pradesh. She was the first woman Governor of the Republic of India. Known as the 'Nightingale of India', she was also a noted poet. Her poetry includes children's poems, nature poems, pat...
Read Full Biography
Sarojini Naidu Poems
The serpents are asleep among the poppies,
The fireflies light the soundless panther's way
To tangled paths where shy gazelles are straying,
And parrot-plumes outshine the dying day. ...
- Corn Grinders
O little mouse, why dost thou cry
While merry stars laugh in the sky?
- In Salutation To The Eternal Peace
Men say the world is full of fear and hate,
And all life's ripening harvest-fields await
The restless sickle of relentless fate.
- The Royal Tombs Of Golconda
I MUSE among these silent fanes
Whose spacious darkness guards your dust;
Around me sleep the hoary plains
That hold your ancient wars in trust. ...
- To India
O YOUNG through all thy immemorial years!
Rise, Mother, rise, regenerate from thy gloom,
And, like a bride high-mated with the spheres,
Beget new glories from thine ageless womb! ...
Top 10 most used topics by Sarojini NaiduLove 23 I Love You 23 Life 19 Sweet 19 Heart 18 Song 17 Dream 15 Wind 15 Night 14 Light 13
Sarojini Naidu Quotes
Comments about Sarojini Naidu
- T_heritageforum: order confirming a first class scholarship to sarojini chattopadhyay (naidu) to study abroad by his highness the nizam’s government, hyderabad-deccan in the year 1894. (indohistoricus)
- Anncuteko18: children, ye have not lived, to you it seems - life by sarojini naidu iwantasap with ella
- Anncuteko18: life is a lovely stalactite of dreams, - life by sarojini naidu iwantasap with ella
- Anncuteko18: or carnival of careless joys that leap - life by sarojini naidu iwantasap with ella
- Anncuteko18: in flames of amber and of amethyst. - life by sarojini naidu iwantasap with ella