Who is Robert FrostRobert Lee Frost (March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963) was an American poet. His work was initially published in England before it was published in America. Known for his realistic depictions of rural life and his command of American colloquial speech, Frost frequently wrote about settings from rural life in New England in the early twentieth century, using them to examine complex social and philosophical themes.
Frost was honored frequently during his lifetime, receiving four Pulitzer Prizes for Poetry. He became one of America's rare "public literary figures, almost an artistic institution." He was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal in 1960 for his poetic works. On July 22, 1961, Frost was named poet laureate of Vermont.
Read Full Biography
Robert Frost Poems
- Blue-butterfly Day
It is blue-butterfly day here in spring,
And with these sky-flakes down in flurry on flurry
There is more unmixed color on the wing
Than flowers will show for days unless they hurry. ...
- Iris By Night
One misty evening, one another's guide,
We two were groping down a Malvern side
The last wet fields and dripping hedges home.
There came a moment of confusing lights, ...
- A Girl's Garden
A neighbor of mine in the village
Likes to tell how one spring
When she was a girl on the farm, she did
A childlike thing. ...
- To E.t.
I slumbered with your poems on my breast
Spread open as I dropped them half-read through
Like dove wings on a figure on a tomb
To see, if in a dream they brought of you, ...
- Out, Out
The buzz-saw snarled and rattled in the yard
And made dust and dropped stove-length sticks of wood,
Sweet-scented stuff when the breeze drew across it.
And from there those that lifted eyes could count ...
Top 10 most used topics by Robert FrostNight 54 Long 50 Away 50 Never 47 Time 44 Thought 43 Place 39 Light 37 Good 36 Snow 35
Robert Frost Quotes
- I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence Two roads diverged in a wood, and I I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
- Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found out it was ourselves.
- Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired.
- Ah, when to the heart of man Was it ever less than a treason To go with the drift of things To yield with a grace to reason And bow and accept at the end Of a love or a season.
- Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
Comments about Robert Frost
- Gurglehurdle: 14. in three words i can sum up everything i’ve learned about life. it goes on. – robert frost
- Afvoct: famous tweep quote "hell is a half-filled auditorium." ~robert frost (1874-1963)
- Liv_yellowstone: two roads diverged in a wood, and i took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference. ~robert frost
- Siobhanlavincas: the poet reminds us to take responsibility for the choices we make . it’s life’s choices that give it meaning. free yourself - own your choices. the road not taken. robert frost.
- Kenraggiocom: two roads diverged in a wood, and i - i took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference, robert frost.
Write your comment about Robert Frost
Tarantello: I love this poet, He is good poet and writer.