Who is Vasko PopaVasko Popa 1990. Vasile "Vasko" Popa (Serbian Cyrillic: Васко Попа; June 29, 1922 – January 5, 1991) was a Serbian poet of Romanian descent.
Read Full Biography
Vasko Popa Poems
- The Admirers Of The Little Box
Sing little box
Don't let sleep overtake you
The world's awake within you ...
Each strips his own skin
Each bares his own constellation
Which has never seen the night
- Far Within Us #1
We raise our arms
The street climbs into the sky
We lower our eyes
The roofs go down into the earth ...
- Far Within Us #4
Green gloves rustle
On the avenue's branches
The evening carries us under its arm ...
- The Benefactors Of The Little Box
We'll return the little box
Into the arms
Of her inconspicuously honest properties
Top 10 most used topics by Vasko PopaWorld 8 Earth 7 Face 6 Open 5 Sky 4 Head 4 Skin 4 Time 4 Walk 3 Game 3
Vasko Popa Quotes
Comments about Vasko Popa
- Op109: yawn of yawns by vasko popa
- Rebirthinflames: "i'm no longer here. i haven't moved from the spot. but i'm not here now." - vasko popa
- Henryachapman: the title of my next show comes from vasko popa’s poem prudent triangle. i’ve been reading more about him; this anecdote, which comes from a beautiful essay by one of his translators — the poet charles simic — is true of then and there as well as here and now:
- Supamodu: from serbia: before he became a poetic powerhouse, vasko popa was a partisan and survived the german concentration camp in zrenjanin. the intricacy of popa’s poetry is enhanced by his many facets, from fierce fighter to patient student of folklore to dazzling surrealist.
- Frithastrand: vasko popa is perhaps one of the best poets rarely mentioned in the usa, and charlie, his best translator.