Who is Robert William ServicepoetRobert ServiceRobert W. Service, c. 1905Born(1874-01-16)January 16, 1874
Preston, Lancashire, EnglandDiedSeptember 11, 1958(1958-09-11) (aged 84)
Lancieux, Côtes-d'Armor, FranceResting placeLancieux, Côtes-d'Armor, Fr...
Read Full Biography
Robert William Service Poems
- Prelude: Ballads Of A Bohemian
Alas! upon some starry height,
The Gods of Excellence to please,
This hand of mine will never smite
The Harp of High Serenities. ...
- L'envoi - Ballads Of A Bohemian
We've finished up the filthy war;
We've won what we were fighting for . . .
(Or have we? I don't know).
But anyway I have my wish: ...
- The Bright Side
Oh, one gets used to everything!
I hum a merry song,
And up the street and round the square
I wheel my chair along; ...
- L'envoi (songs Of A Sourdough)
You who have lived in the Land,
You who have trusted the trail;
You who are strong to withstand,
You who are swift to assail; ...
- Rhymes Of A Rolling Stone - Prelude
I sing no idle songs of dalliance days,
No dreams Elysian inspire my rhyming;
I have no Celia to enchant my lays,
No pipes of Pan have set my heart to chiming. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Robert William ServiceLife 295 God 292 Never 262 Heart 262 I Love You 234 Love 234 Night 210 Away 194 Joy 179 Good 175
Robert William Service Quotes
Comments about Robert William Service
- Lwvgrcleveland: cleveland, ohio – william denihan epitomized the concept of public service, working more than four decades in government, not seeking the limelight but instead getting the job done. by robert higgs
- Spill_words: the mother a poem by: robert william service your children grow from you apart, afar and still afar; and yet it should rejoice your heart to see how glad they are; in school and sport, in work and play, and last,
- Alunite18: today we attended the retirement ceremony of col william mcdaiel and col robert mandell. although they have retired from the us army reserves, i know that they will continue their long life service in other ways. may god bless you and keep you and your families.
- 7newsdc: thank you for your service and your sacrifice: for the 43rd year in a row, officers from maryland, dc, and virginia plus federal agents gathered in front of the dc police department headquarters to honor those who died in the line of duty.
- 7newsdc: thank you for your service and your sacifice: for the 43rd year in a row, officers from maryland, dc, and virginia plus federal agents gather in front of the dc police department headquarters to honor those who died in the line of duty.