Who is Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis...
Read Full Biography
Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis Poems
- Growing Up
Little Tommy Tadpole began to weep and wail,
For little Tommy Tadpole had lost his little tail;
And his mother didn't know him as he wept upon a log,
For he wasn't Tommy Tadpole, but Mr. Thomas Frog....
- There Once Was A Fellow Called Croll
There once was a fellow called Croll,
Who loved to hear periods roll
On his musical tongue.
It is he who has sung, ...
- The Mountain Laboured
A patriot spake thus to an eager throng:
'Give me the power and I shall right each wrong.
And Fortune, smiling, on our land shall look'
His name was COOK. ...
- Green Walls
I love all gum-trees well. But, best of all,
I love the tough old warriors that tower
About these lawns, to make a great green wall
And guard, like sentries, this exotic bower ...
Each poet that I know (he said)
Has something funny in his head,
Some wandering growth or queer disease
That gives to him strange unease. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus DennisNever 247 Good 213 Time 208 Long 200 Life 193 Great 150 World 137 Away 135 Mind 132 Game 126
Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis Quotes
Comments about Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Keds1250878727: “clarence michael james stanislaus dennis (7 september 1876 – 22 june 1938), better known as c. j. dennis, was an australian poet and journalist known for his best-selling verse novel the songs of a sentimental bloke (1915). “ wikipedia
- Peterba87211251: the children of the sun but know that while the sun is shining and glad life beckons they must go; for souls too long akin to woe lost all thro' much repining. rejuvenation bids them hence, then who shall cry 'improvidence'? clarence michael dennis
- Karjon_hart: their independence they could see. achieved by simple unity. -clarence michael james stanislaus dennis karjon asapfebblowout
- Musicrecbot: take a listen to: country towns - boort by clarence michael james stanislaus dennis
- Faust89823700: clarence michael james stanislaus dennis - the music of your voice a vase upon the mantelpiece, a ship upon the sea, a goat upon a mountain-top are much the same to me; but when you mention melon jam, or picnics by the creek, or apple pies, or pantomimes, i love to hear