Who is Jack SpicerJack SpicerBornJanuary 30, 1925
Read Full Biography
Jack Spicer Poems
- A Diamond
<i>A Translation for Robert Jones</i>
Is there ...
- -any Fool Can Get Into An Ocean . . .â?
Any fool can get into an ocean
But it takes a Goddess
To get out of one.
Whatâ??s true of oceans is true, of course, ...
- A Poem Without A Single Bird In It
What can I say to you, darling,
When you ask me for help?
I do not even know the future
Or even what poetry ...
- Sporting Life
The trouble with comparing a poet with a radio is that radios donâ??t develop scar-tissue. The tubes burn out, or with a transistor, which most souls are, the battery or diagram burns out replaceable or not replaceable, but not like that punchdrunk fighter in the bar. The poet
Takes too many messages. The right to the ear that floored him in New Jersey. The right to say that he stood six rounds with a champion.
Then they sell beer or go on sporting commissions, or, if the scar tissue is too heavy, demonstrate in a bar where the invisible champions might not have hit him. Too many of them.
The poet is a radio. The poet is a liar. The poet is a counterpunching radio. ...
- A Poem For Dada Day At The Place April 1, 1958
Has eyes the color of ripe apricots
Easy to please as a cash register he ...
Top 10 most used topics by Jack SpicerLove 8 I Love You 8 Water 7 Night 5 Poetry 5 Ocean 5 People 4 Blue 4 Good 4 Heart 4
Jack Spicer Quotes
Comments about Jack Spicer
- Sime0nstylites: i am writing - highly recommend jack spicer btw
- Marioshi64: mf jack spicer!
- L0bbytho: please my jack spicer would go inasne
- Smallpresstraff: nyrb blurbed our latest traffic report!
- Lilyparmar11: 'i yell "shit" down a cliff at the ocean. even in my lifetime the immediacy of that word will fade.' jack spicer, whose poetry i resent... but obviously also love