Who is Herbert AsquithGarter-encircled shield of arms of H. H. Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith, KG, as displayed on his Order of the Garter stall plate in St. George's Chapel, viz. Sable on a fesse between three cross-crosslets argent, a portcullis of the field. Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith, KG, PC, KC, FRS (12 Sep...
Read Full Biography
Herbert Asquith Poems
- The Fallen Poet
NOW that the soul has left its throne
Behind your mortal eyes,
And light, and colour and sound are gone
From the body's palaces : ...
- The Fallen Subaltern
The starshells float above, the bayonets glisten;
We bear our fallen friend without a sound;
Below the waiting legions lie and listen
To us, who march upon their burial-ground. ...
- A Ship Sails Up To Bideford
A ship sails up to Bideford;
Upon a western breeze,
Mast by mast, sail over sail,
She rises from the seas, ...
Hooded in angry mist, the sun goes down:
Steel-gray the clouds roll out across the sea:
Is this a Kingdom? Then give Death the crown,
For here no emperor hath won, save He....
- The Bather
THE sea-breeze beating on her brow,
The foam asurge her shining feet,
She stood,-a silver Victory,
Poised high on some Athenian prow, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Herbert AsquithSea 7 Silver 7 World 7 Save 6 High 6 Death 6 Sun 6 Away 6 Music 5 Love 5
Herbert Asquith Quotes
Comments about Herbert Asquith
- Cathaldapapa: 4 august 1914: great britain declared war on germany. that afternoon the british prime minister herbert asquith addressed the house of commons in london and set out the reasons for the decision to declare war. the ulster crises was at an end - for now...
- Genealogybeech: the other two are herbert henry asquith and james harold wilson.
- Mamboward: on this day in scotland: 28 july 1945: the death in london of margot asquith, countess of oxford & asquith, who is remembered as a writer, socialite and wit, and wife of prime minister herbert asquith.
- Simonesnow141: “youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. —herbert asquith ” 摘录来自: jill kargman. “arm candy。” apple books.
- Elpasohub: youth will be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. – herbert henry asquith