Who is George CarlinGeorge Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic, and author. Regarded as one of the most important and influential stand-up comics of all time, he was dubbed "the dean of counterculture comedians". He was known for his dark comedy and reflections on politics, the English language, psychology, religion, and taboo subjects. His "seven dirty words" routine was central to the 1978 United States Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a 5–4 decision affirmed the government's power to censor indecent material on the public airwaves.
The first of Carlin's 14 stand-up comedy specials for HBO was filmed in 1977. From the late 1980s, his routines focused on sociocultural criticism of America...
Read Full Biography
George Carlin Poems
Top 10 most used topics by George Carlin
George Carlin Quotes
- If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
- By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
- I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
- Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
- At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom.
Comments about George Carlin
- Cbeastradio: george carlin - a couple of other questions [explicit]
- Hammermoc: i get that the op has no idea who bill burr is. it's not worse than most of you low-res bojos who think george carlin wrote garbage like the paradox of our time...
- Masszugu: "it's a big club, and you ain't in it. you and i are not in the big club." ~ george carlin
- Shyamagopadasa: "when you are born in the world you are invited to a freakshow.when you are born in america, you have front row seats."-george carlin
- Weiseralby: i don't believe there's any problem in this country, no matter how tough it is, that americans, when they roll up their sleeves, can't completely ignore. george carlin