Who is Zbigniew HerbertZbigniew HerbertZbigniew HerbertBorn(1924-10-29)29 October 1924
Lwów, PolandDied28 July 1998(1998-07-28) (aged 73)
Warsaw, PolandResting placePowązki CemeteryOccupationPoet, essayistLanguagePolish
Read Full Biography
Zbigniew Herbert Poems
- A Knocker
There are those who grow
gardens in their heads
paths lead from their hair
to sunny and white cities ...
- Report From Paradise
In paradise the work week is fixed at thirty hours
salaries are higher prices steadily go down
manual labour is not tiring (because of reduced gravity)
chopping wood is no harder than typing ...
- Three Poems By Heart
I can't find the title
of a memory about you ...
- From The Top Of The Stairs
those who are standing at the top of the stairs
they know everything ...
- Daedalus And Icarus
Go on sonny but remember that you are walking and not flying
the wings are just an ornament and you are stepping on a meadow ...
Top 10 most used topics by Zbigniew HerbertEarth 11 Water 10 White 9 Head 9 Time 9 Black 9 City 9 Light 9 Long 9 Sea 8
Zbigniew Herbert Quotes
Comments about Zbigniew Herbert
- Princessekateri: i could write a treatise on the sudden transformation of life into archaeology zbigniew herbert
- Marysia_cc: the old masters did without names their signatures were the white fingers of the madonna ... they found shelter under angels’ eyelids behind hillocks of cloud in the thick grass of paradise zbigniew herbert (29 october 1924 – 28 july 1998) master of the embroidered foliage
- Polishhistory_: zbigniew herbert was a poet, essayist and playwright. a member of the generation of artists after the second world war, whose life story and writing are intertwined with the experiences of the twentieth century.
- Zawisza2017: zbigniew herbert passed this day in 1998 - a poet, essayist, playwright, creator of, among others the poetry series "mr. cogito",,, “report from a besieged city and other poems ", considered one of the greatest polish poets of the 20th century.
- Inadebree: ‘and if the city falls and one survives he shall carry the city within on the roads of exile, he shall be the city …’ - zbigniew herbert, report from the besieged city, 1983