Who is William HagueParliamentary offices
Member of the House of Lords
Lord TemporalIncumbentAssumed office
9 October 2015
Life peerageMember of Parliament
for Richmond (Yorks)In office
23 February 1989 – 30 March 2015Preceded byLeon BrittanSucceeded byRishi Sunak
Read Full Biography
William Hague Poems
Top 10 most used topics by William Hague
William Hague Quotes
- You do have to do business with and to try to influence people you don't agree with, or find disagreeable, so it's important to stress that balance.
- The message I take all round the world is Britain is open for business.
- I gave up lots of things I love doing: writing, and business, and playing the piano and so on.
- I don't think my principles change. I think the way in which you apply those principles to modern society changes.
- We have to face the reality of climate change. It is arguably the biggest threat we are facing today.
Comments about William Hague
- Steven_swinford: exclusive: both dom raab and liz truss have staked a claim to chevening, a 115-room grace & favour residence in kent chevening traditionally goes to foreign secretary, but nick clegg shared it with william hague when he was dpm boris johnson will have to decide who gets it
- Angry_voice: the hack pack's beloved tories are in power now, so they're vehemently opposed to any kind of disruption. back in 2000 labour were in their first term, so corporate hacks optimistically hoped the fuel protests would springboard the tories' hapless william hague into power.
- Thomaswetherill: in hindsight it is quite incredible that cameron only changed his big 4 once during his 6 years and that was when william hague stood down voluntarily.
- Whittallclive: james callaghan anthony crosland david owen lord carrington francis pym sir geoffrey howe john major douglas hurd malcolm rifkind robin cook jack straw margaret beckett david milliband william hague philip hammond boris johnson jeremy hunt dominic raab and, er liz truss.
- Baldheadteacher: really good piece by william hague on this theme today. need more of this.