Who is Noam ChomskyAvram Noam Chomsky (born December 7, 1928) is an American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historical essayist, social critic, and political activist. Sometimes called "the father of modern linguistics", Chomsky is also a major figure in analytic philosophy and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science. He is a Laureate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Arizona and an Institute Professor Emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and is the author of more than 150 books on topics such as linguistics, war, politics, and mass media. Ideologically, he aligns with anarcho-syndicalism and libertarian socialism.
Born to Jewish immigrants in Philadelphia, Chomsky developed an early interest in anarchism from alternative bookstores in N...
Read Full Biography of Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky Quotes
- I remember at the age of five travelling on a trolley car with my mother past a group of women on a picket line at a textile plant, seeing them being viciously beaten by security people. So that kind of thing stayed with me.
- If there was an observer on Mars, they would probably be amazed that we have survived this long.
- Real popular culture is folk art - coalminers' songs and so forth.
- Education must provide the opportunities for self-fulfillment it can at best provide a rich and challenging environment for the individual to explore, in his own way.
- In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population.
Comments about Noam ChomskyLucianog_nyc: "a few decades ago, you could hear independent voices on public broadcasting, including martin luther king, malcolm x, howard zinn, ralph nader, angela davis, james baldwin, and noam chomsky. no more. a few decades ago, there were a variety of alternative weeklies and ...
Ssunha: check out "in conversation with: noam chomsky" on eventbrite! date: 수, 4월 5 • 18:30 gmt+01:00 location: 11 eldon street room 213, glasgow, g3 6nh
Moniskhan: ... a young child acquiring a language is developing — unconsciously, automatically and speedily from minuscule data ...
Dullkiwi: noam chomsky is everywhere
Kathrynpaisner: i'm old enough to remember when reading noam chomsky's "manufacturing consent" was de rigueur at universities. (you were supposed to oppose the manufacturing of consent.) ah, well. the times, they have a change-d. power corrupts, and all that.
Read All Comments