Who is Noam ChomskyAvram Noam Chomsky[a] (born December 7, 1928) is an American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historian,[b][c] social critic, and political activist. Sometimes called "the father of modern linguistics",[d] Chomsky is also a major figure in analytic philosophy, and is one of the founders of the field of cognitive science. He is Laureate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Arizona and Institute Professor Emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and is the author of more than 100 books on topics such as linguistics, war, politics, and mass media. Ideologically, he aligns with anarcho-syndicalism and libertarian socialism.
Born to Jewish immigrants in Philadelphia, Chomsky developed an early interest in anarchism from alternative boo...
Read Full Biography
Noam Chomsky Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky Quotes
- I remember at the age of five travelling on a trolley car with my mother past a group of women on a picket line at a textile plant, seeing them being viciously beaten by security people. So that kind of thing stayed with me.
- If there was an observer on Mars, they would probably be amazed that we have survived this long.
- Real popular culture is folk art - coalminers' songs and so forth.
- Education must provide the opportunities for self-fulfillment it can at best provide a rich and challenging environment for the individual to explore, in his own way.
- In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population.
Comments about Noam Chomsky
- Stephanelesinq: the future of american power – noam chomsky on the cruelty of american imperialism
- Juhaniihalaine1: noam chomsky - the crimes of u.s. presidents
- Gcamara: the future of american power – noam chomsky on the cruelty of american imperialism
- Theeconomist: “since its founding, america has scarcely had a year without resorting to violence,” says noam chomsky
- Adembdrbyzd: noam chomsky and the declassified team discuss the uk-us special relationship, the war on terror and the lattest developments in afghanistan