Who is Symon MaguruSymon Maguru is a Poet, Journalist, Author and Singer-songwriter From Malawi born in Blantyre City on 19th February 1998. He realized his potential when he was in secondary school in 2014, two years later in college he gained recognition with his poem "When the sunrises." Passing through a tough time, having no support from local newspapers, the journey prolonged. Symon Maguru's Poetry captures his experiences in life, culture, religion, national affairs and matters of global interest. Maguru has worked with Better than Starbucks poetry magazine in 2020 and his poems were published in their bi-monthly Journals from January to May. Throughout his written poetry career, he is driven by zeal to make traditional poetry rise again, learning from Malawian Poetry legends like James David Rubad...
Read Full Biography
Symon Maguru Poems
- The Bleeding Wrist Watch
Lullabies of Old nights
Still ring in my ears
Memories of my purchase
Still hurt like tears ...
- Unpreached Manuscripts
Sons and Daughters of dark soil
Pay attention to my rhythm
It seems out of codes, rounding like a coil
Pointless like gibberish ...
- Mirroring Tears
On an expedition,
He landed on the world of all extremes;
Right and wrong,
Sent to all souls, with no regard ...
- Living Hour Glass
Friday was a day you were molded
Arguments befell not.
As I preached about you they folded
Arms shocked in amazement ...
- Mulhopwana Behind Curtains
To the peak of my melody
In Matowi tree, I whistle
Calming my bitterness with sweetness
Twisted in my thoughts ...
Top 10 most used topics by Symon MaguruBody 2 Majesty 2 Touch 1 Glimpse 1 Ghost 1 Triumph 1 Game 1 Jack 1 Creative 1 Throat 1
Symon Maguru Quotes
- A foe has no power of marginalising destiny of a blessed soul, because who was meant to fly like an eagle can never sleep in a nest of a raven forever.
- If hope whispers faith and faith whispers victory, then there is no victory without hope.
- It is a reign of a young generation, don't look down but look up and hold it, don't throw it but embrace it and improve it.
- It's only a Hyena that looks back to rotten meat and gets back to consume it, but a lion; legend of the jungle! Eats while it is fresh, when it is rotten, it is useless.
- Poetry and Music are like cousins; they are related but their surnames are different; only traits they posses make them known as relatives.
Comments about Symon Maguru
Write your comment about Symon Maguru
John Sam: keep it 100 broga
Pania: What topic was memorable euphoria
Sothini Phiri: Keep the Fire Burning.
Alex Mandaaliza: Nice work brother. Keep the levels rising