Who is Symon MaguruSymon Maguru is a Poet, Journalist, Author and Singer-songwriter From Malawi born in Blantyre City on 19th February 1998. He realized his potential when he was in secondary school in 2014, two years later in college he gained recognition with his poem "When the sunrises." Passing through a tough time, having no support from local newspapers, the journey prolonged. Symon Maguru's Poetry captures his experiences in life, culture, religion, national affairs and matters of global interest. Maguru has worked with Better than Starbucks poetry magazine in 2020 and his poems were published in their bi-monthly Journals from January to May. Throughout his written poetry career, he is driven by zeal to make traditional poetry rise again, learning from Malawian Poetry legends like James David Rubad...
Read Full Biography
Symon Maguru Poems
- Drums Of Alkebulan Titans
Living in a day darkness
Under prolonged bondage
That never cease to elapse;
Knees of scavengers against our pigment ...
- Memorable Euphoria
It was in a middle of a night
Dark as a night of two weeks
A heart cracker, when two simultaneous rocks
Swept away by monsoon rains failed to stand ...
- Honey On A Rotten Tree
For sure I can’t lie
The Alphabet of guilt written on my face
Tears and sweat helping me eat a humble pie
On my knees I fulfill Psalms 95 vs 6 ...
- Unread Letters In Hands
It never gets old, special, unerased
The day when rain drops
Made our first glance, worthy
Boiling fresh blood in my vena cava ...
- Cinema Under Stars
Whirling winds have blown too long
Noisy with whistling sounds
Intoxicating ears of Innocent souls;
Still a deep breath at night ...
Top 10 most used topics by Symon MaguruBody 2 Majesty 2 Touch 1 Glimpse 1 Ghost 1 Triumph 1 Game 1 Jack 1 Creative 1 Throat 1
Symon Maguru Quotes
- A foe has no power of marginalising destiny of a blessed soul, because who was meant to fly like an eagle can never sleep in a nest of a raven forever.
- If hope whispers faith and faith whispers victory, then there is no victory without hope.
- It is a reign of a young generation, don't look down but look up and hold it, don't throw it but embrace it and improve it.
- It's only a Hyena that looks back to rotten meat and gets back to consume it, but a lion; legend of the jungle! Eats while it is fresh, when it is rotten, it is useless.
- Poetry and Music are like cousins; they are related but their surnames are different; only traits they posses make them known as relatives.
Comments about Symon Maguru
Write your comment about Symon Maguru
Alex Mandaaliza: Nice work brother. Keep the levels rising