Who is Pablo NerudaRicardo Eliécer Neftalí Reyes Basoalto (12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973), better known by his pen name and, later, legal name Pablo Neruda (/nəˈruːdə/; Spanish: [ˈpaβlo neˈɾuða]), was a Nobel Prize winning Chilean poet-diplomat and politician. Neruda became known as a poet when he was 13 years old, and wrote in a variety of styles, including surrealist poems, historical epics, overtly political manifestos, a prose autobiography, and passionate love poems such as the ones in his collection Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair (1924). He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971.
Neruda occupied many diplomatic positions in various countries during his lifetime and served a term as a Senator for the Chilean Communist Party. When President Gabriel Gon...
Read Full Biography
Pablo Neruda Poems
- Comment était L'espagne
C'était l'Espagne serrée et sèche, pendant la journée
le tambour est opaque,
plaine et nid d'aigles, silence
du temps fouetté. ...
- Wie War Spanien?
Es war eng und trocken Spanien, tagsüber
Trommel ist undurchsichtig,
Ebene und Adler nisten, Stille
von gepeitschtem Wetter. ...
- Cómo Era España
Era España tirante y seca, diurno
tambor de són opaco,
llanura y nido de águilas, silencio
de azotada intemperie. ...
- Ode To Ironing
Poetry is white:
it comes from water swathed in drops,
it wrinkles and gathers,
this planet's skin has to spread out,...
- If You Forget Me
I want you to know
You know how this is: ...
Top 10 most used topics by Pablo NerudaI Love You 58 Love 58 Earth 49 Night 46 Light 44 Water 39 Sea 36 Heart 31 Life 28 Soul 27
Pablo Neruda QuotesRead All Quotes
Comments about Pablo Neruda
- Rajkumarinanda: i do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off i love you as certain dark things are to be loved in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~pablo neruda
- Abeeralorainy: “old movies are secondhand dreams.” - pablo neruda, ode to a village movie theater
- Ojalart: this week, we’ve lowered the paywall on elizabeth bishop’s art of poetry interview, ishmael reed’s poem “the diabetic dreams of cake,” and pablo neruda’s poem “emerging.”
- Isamubii: “you can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming.” - pablo neruda
- Herartdeformed: as if you were on fire from within. the moon lives in the lining of your skin. — pablo neruda