Who is Lesbia Harford
Artemsia and wild daisies on the grave (MethD-0186) of Lesbia Harford in Kew Cemetery, Melbourne. Lesbia Harford (9 April 1891 – 5 July 1927) was an Australian poet, novelist and political activist.
Life Lesbia Venner Keogh was the first child of Edmund Joseph Keogh and Beatrice Eleanor Moore, great-great-granddaughter of an Earl of Drogheda. Lesbia was born at Brighton, Victoria, on 9 April 1891. From 1893 to 1900, the fami...
Read Full Biography
Lesbia Harford Poems
- Green And Blue
Green and blue
First-named of colours believe these two.
They first of colours by men were seen
This grass colour, tree colour, ...
- God Speaks
I made a heaven for you filled with stars,
Each star a song
Meant to give happy music to your ear,
Day and night long. ...
- The Tyrant
When I was a child,
I felt the fairies' power.
Of a sudden my dry life
Would burst into flower. ...
- Lawstudent And Coach
Each day I sit in an ill-lighted room
To teach a boy;
For one hour by the clock great words and dreams
Are our employ. ...
- A Meaning Learnt
I'm not his wife. I am his paramour:
His wayside love, picked up in journeying:
Rose of the hedgerows; fragrant, till he fling
Me down beside the ditch, a drooped thing ...
Top 10 most used topics by Lesbia HarfordLove 35 I Love You 35 Sun 23 Night 22 Heart 17 Never 17 White 16 Sweet 16 Home 15 Long 15
Lesbia Harford Quotes
Comments about Lesbia Harford
- Nadrojjjjj: lesbia harford o you dear trees, you have learned so much of beauty, you must have studied this only the ages long, men have thought of god and laughter and duty and of love. and song. but you dear tree...
- Jadedhackeroo: your project
- Cailinceltic: would that i were sappho, greece my, land,not this! there the noblest women, when they loved,would kiss. i can't feel the sunshine - lesbia harford images - google picfinder
- Cailinceltic: meaning must lie, some beauty surely dwell in the fierce depths and innermost pits of hell. yet still i seek, month after month in vain, meaning and beauty in recurrent pain. periodicity - lesbia harford photography - berta vicente salas
- Cailinceltic: yet still our constant hearts rejoice because the past survives . lovers parted - lesbia harford artwork - enrique meseguer