Who is Lesbia Harford
Artemsia and wild daisies on the grave (MethD-0186) of Lesbia Harford in Kew Cemetery, Melbourne. Lesbia Harford (9 April 1891 – 5 July 1927) was an Australian poet, novelist and political activist.
Life Lesbia Venner Keogh was the first child of Edmund Joseph Keogh and Beatrice Eleanor Moore, great-great-granddaughter of an Earl of Drogheda. Lesbia was born at Brighton, Victoria, on 9 April 1891. From 1893 to 1900, the fami...
Read Full Biography
Lesbia Harford Poems
- Green And Blue
Green and blue
First-named of colours believe these two.
They first of colours by men were seen
This grass colour, tree colour, ...
- God Speaks
I made a heaven for you filled with stars,
Each star a song
Meant to give happy music to your ear,
Day and night long. ...
- The Tyrant
When I was a child,
I felt the fairies' power.
Of a sudden my dry life
Would burst into flower. ...
- Lawstudent And Coach
Each day I sit in an ill-lighted room
To teach a boy;
For one hour by the clock great words and dreams
Are our employ. ...
- A Meaning Learnt
I'm not his wife. I am his paramour:
His wayside love, picked up in journeying:
Rose of the hedgerows; fragrant, till he fling
Me down beside the ditch, a drooped thing ...
Top 10 most used topics by Lesbia HarfordLove 35 I Love You 35 Sun 23 Night 22 Heart 17 Never 17 White 16 Sweet 16 Home 15 Long 15
Lesbia Harford Quotes
Comments about Lesbia Harford
- Rainahp_: when day is over i climb up the stair, take off my dark dress, pull down my hair, open my window and look at the stars. then my heart breaks through these prison bars of space and darkness and finds what is true, up past the stars where i'm one with you. (lesbia harford)
- Quibellp: poem of the week: an improver by lesbia harford
- Marksipps: poem of the week: an improver by lesbia harford
- Bobbygw: poem of the week: an improver by lesbia harford
- Writinglife_b: poem of the week: an improver by lesbia harford (the guardian) maisie's been holding down her head all day, her little red head. add your highlights: