Who is Karl ShapiroKarl ShapiroBorn(1913-11-10)November 10, 1913
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.DiedMay 14, 2000(2000-05-14) (aged 86)
New York City, New York, U.S.OccupationPoet, essayistAlma materUniversity of Virginia
Johns Hopkins UniversityNotable awards
Read Full Biography
Karl Shapiro Poems
- The Olive Tree
Save for a lusterless honing-stone of moon
The sky stretches its flawless canopy
Blue as the blue silk of the Jewish flag
Over the valley and out to sea. ...
- Going To School
What shall I teach in the vivid afternoon
With the sun warming the blackboard and a slip
Of cloud catching my eye?
Only the cones and sections of the moon. ...
- The Dome Of Sunday
With focus sharp as Flemish-painted face
In film of varnish brightly fixed
And through a polished hand-lens deeply seen,
Sunday at noon through hyaline thin air ...
- Troop Train
It stops the town we come through. Workers raise
Their oily arms in good salute and grin.
Kids scream as at a circus. Business men
Glance hopefully and go their measured way. ...
- Love For A Hand
Two hands lie still, the hairy and the white,
And soon down ladders of reflected light
The sleepers climb in silence. Gradually
They separate on paths of long ago, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Karl ShapiroBlack 7 Light 6 I Love You 5 Sleep 5 Green 5 Hair 5 Kiss 5 Face 5 War 5 World 5
Karl Shapiro Quotes
- The good poet sticks to his real loves, to see within the realm of possibility. He never tries to hold hands with God or the human race.
Comments about Karl Shapiro
- Bendestroysbot: ben shapiro eradicates karl marx with silence!!!!
- Captainb_money: every time ben shapiro has a shit take a liberal becomes a communist and reads all of karl marx.
- Adembdrbyzd: conservatives avoid seriously dealing with marx’s work not just because he was critical of capitalism, wrote polemical things about religion, or was suspicious of class hierarchy. it is because marx revealed deep inconsistences in conservative doctrines...
- Neontaster: "facts don't care about your feelings" is something ben shapiro said that became an online meme and trying to dismiss any nuanced argument about general trends in conservative thought by acting as though those words are chiseled into the base of the lincoln memorial is unserious.