Who is Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli(Redirected from Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli)
G.G. Belli Giuseppe Belli redirects here; for the singer see Giuseppe Belli (singer)
Giuseppe Francesco Antonio Maria Gioachino Raimondo Belli (7 September 1791 – 21 December 1863) was an Italian poet, famous for his sonnets in Romanesco, the dialect of Rome.
Biography Giuseppe Francesco Antonio Maria Gioachino Raimondo Belli was born...
Read Full Biography
Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli Poems
- Once Upon A Time
Once upon a time, a king saw fit
to send this proclamation through the land:
'I am I, you vassals aren't worth shit â??
that's how it is, so kiss my royal hand! ...
- Er Caffettiere Fisolofo (the Philosophizing Barman)
L'ommini de sto monno sÃ² l'istesso
Che vaghi de caffÃ¨ ner macinino:
C'uno prima, uno doppo, e un'antro appresso,
Tutti quanti perÃ² vanno a un distino. ...
- What's The Pope Do?
What's the pope do? Drinks, and takes a nap;
looks out the window, has a bite to eat,
fiddles with the housemaid's garter strap,
and makes the town a cushion for his feet. ...
- Er Confessore (the Confessor)
Padre... -- Dite il confiteor. -- L'ho detto. --
L'atto di contrizione? -- GiÃ l'ho ffatto. --
Avanti dunque. -- Ho detto cazzo-matto
A mi' marito, e j'ho arzato un grossetto. -- ...
- Er Companatico Der Paradiso (heaven's Food)
Dio doppo avÃ© creato in pochi giorni
Quello che c'Ã¨ de bello e c'Ã© de brutto,
In paradiso o in de li su' contorni
CreÃ² un rampino e ciattaccÃ² un presciutto. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Giuseppe Gioacchino BelliGod 12 Father 7 Time 6 Away 5 Holy 5 Church 5 People 5 Dear 5 Good 5 Knife 5
Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli Quotes
Comments about Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli
- Cath_fletcher: this morning's research: enjoying some satirical poems from nineteenth-century roman poet giuseppe gioacchino belli which suggest 'archaeology is in fact the work of the devil'.
- Jorendorff: er ricordo (the recollection) giuseppe gioacchino belli, 29th september 1830 translated by mike stocks, 2007
- Gladwinemmanuel: the people of this world are much the same as coffee beans inside the grinder's mill: one's first, one's later and one' later still, but all are going down towards one doom. --sonnets, giuseppe gioacchino belli (the philosophic cafe proprietor, p-47)