Who is Charles BukowskiHenry Charles Bukowski (born Heinrich Karl Bukowski; August 16, 1920 – March 9, 1994) was a German-born American poet, novelist, and short story writer.
His writing was influenced by the social, cultural, and economic ambiance of his home city of Los Angeles. His work addresses the ordinary lives of poor
Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women, and the drudgery of work. Bukowski wrote thousands of poems, hundreds of short stories and six novels, eventually publishing over 60 books. The FBI kept a file on him as a result of his column, Notes of a Dirty Old Man, in the LA underground newspaper Open City.
Bukowski published extensively in small literary magazines and with small presses beginning in the early 1940s and continui...
Read Full Biography
Charles Bukowski Poems
- On Going Back To The Street After Viewing An Art Show
they talk down through
the centuries to us,
and this we need more and more,
the statues and paintings ...
- Girl In A Miniskirt Reading The Bible Outside My Window
Sunday, I am eating a
grapefruit, church is over at the Russian
Orthadox to the
- The Icecream People
the lady has me temporarily off the bottle
and now the pecker stands up
however, things change overnight-- ...
- The Laughing Heart
your life is your life
don't let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out. ...
- As The Poems Go
As the poems go into the thousands you
realize that you've created very
it comes down to the rain, the sunlight, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Charles BukowskiLove 30 I Love You 30 Never 23 Night 23 Time 23 Sun 22 Life 22 Good 22 God 20 Death 19
Charles Bukowski Quotes
- You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.
- An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.
- I was no petty thief, I wanted the world or nothing.
- You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.
Comments about Charles Bukowski
- Shankyy001: we are all museums of fear! -charles bukowski
- Realkr1s: "if you have the ability to love, love yourself first." -charles bukowski
- Iartioli: “it’s much more pleasant to hear your name whispered in the dark.” (charles bukowski) brigitte bardot, 1965 photo douglas kirkland
- Mzaou: “can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” — charles bukowski
- Ogcreamsoda: if you have the ability to love, love yourself. - charles bukowski