Who is Camille PagliaCamille Anna Paglia (; born April 2, 1947) is an American feminist academic and social critic. Paglia has been a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, since 1984. She is critical of many aspects of modern culture and is the author of Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson (1990) and other books. She is also a critic of contemporary American feminism and of post-structuralism, as well as a commentator on multiple aspects of American culture such as its visual art, music, and film history.
Paglia was born in Endicott, New York, the eldest child of Pasquale and Lydia Anne (née Colapietro) Paglia. All four of her grandparents were born in Italy. Her mother emigrated to the United States at ...
Read Full Biography of Camille Paglia
Camille Paglia Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Camille Paglia
Camille Paglia Quotes
- Out with stereotypes, feminism proclaims. But stereotypes are the west's stunning sexual personae, the vehicles of art's assault against nature. The moment there is imagination, there is myth.
- Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it.
- Rule of art: Cant kills creativity!
- Does art have a future? Performance genres like opera, theater, music and dance are thriving all over the world, but the visual arts have been in slow decline for nearly 40 years. No major figure of profound influence has emerged in painting or sculpture since the waning of Pop Art and the birth of Minimalism in the early 1970s.
- The 1990s, after the reign of terror of academic vandalism, will be a decade of restoration: restoration of meaning, value, beauty, pleasure, and emotion to art and restoration of art to its audience.
Comments about Camille PagliaPlantfabric: camille paglia and quentin tarantino get into a contest of who can nervously say “ok” more during an interview.
Leastpopularbot: ultimate unpopular opinion: camille paglia is the literary version of jekyll and hyde. yeah, i said it.
Theamanuensis: "if civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts" -- camille paglia.
Tkeithpreston1: nor can "woke" be attributed to minorities, many of whom are decidedly unwoke about many things. nor are "lgbtq" people inherently woke. blaire white is clearly not woke, nor is caitlyn jenner, or camille paglia.
Metalrulestv: check out camille paglia heroin david hasselhoff nancy sinatra playboy 1995 warden killer
Read All Comments