Who is Camille PagliaCamille Anna Paglia (/ˈpɑːliə/; born April 2, 1947) is an American feminist academic and social critic. Paglia has been a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, since 1984. She is critical of many aspects of modern culture and is the author of Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson (1990) and other books. She is also a critic of contemporary American feminism and of post-structuralism, as well as a commentator on multiple aspects of American culture such as its visual art, music, and film history.
Read Full Biography
Camille Paglia Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Camille Paglia
Camille Paglia Quotes
- Out with stereotypes, feminism proclaims. But stereotypes are the west's stunning sexual personae, the vehicles of art's assault against nature. The moment there is imagination, there is myth.
- Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it.
- Rule of art: Cant kills creativity!
- Does art have a future? Performance genres like opera, theater, music and dance are thriving all over the world, but the visual arts have been in slow decline for nearly 40 years. No major figure of profound influence has emerged in painting or sculpture since the waning of Pop Art and the birth of Minimalism in the early 1970s.
- The 1990s, after the reign of terror of academic vandalism, will be a decade of restoration: restoration of meaning, value, beauty, pleasure, and emotion to art and restoration of art to its audience.
Comments about Camille Paglia
- Waspapping_: "the earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal." camille paglia (via elirya)
- Kateandtheboys: ‘historically, the movement towards androgyny occurs in late phases of culture as a civilisation is starting to unravel.’ this is interesting. camille paglia: the collapse of culture - youtube
- Thisideathat: camille paglia's proposition of the 'bohemianist critic' is, in effect, spiritual appropriation
- Fighterjarina: [quote by camille paglia]
- Filthyarmenian: how cool would it be if camille paglia was camillepagliaquotes