Who is Orison Swett MardenDr. Orison Swett Marden (1848–1924) was an American inspirational author who wrote about achieving success in life and founded SUCCESS magazine in 1897. His writings discuss common-sense principles and virtues that make for a well-rounded, successful life. Many of his ideas are based on New Thought philosophy.
His first book, Pushing to the Front (1894), became an instant best-seller. Marden later published fifty or more books and booklets, averaging two titles per year.
The "Bound Out" Orphan
Marden was born 11 June 1848 in Thornton Gore, New Hampshire, to Lewis and Martha Marden. When he was three years old, his mother died at the age of 22, leaving Orison and his two sisters in the care of their father, who was a farmer, hunt...
Read Full Biography of Orison Swett Marden
Orison Swett Marden Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Orison Swett Marden
Orison Swett Marden Quotes
- Nothing else so destroys the power to stand alone as the habit of leaning upon others. If you lean, you will never be strong or original. Stand alone or bury your ambition to be somebody in the world.
- No employer today is independent of those about him. He cannot succeed alone, no matter how great his ability or capital. Business today is more than ever a question of cooperation.
- The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others it is in yourself alone.
- There is an infinite difference between a little wrong and just right, between fairly good and the best, between mediocrity and superiority.
- Achievement is not always success, while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
Comments about Orison Swett MardenSrkinglandia: “the golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. it is not in your environment; it’s not in luck or chance, or the help of others; but it is in yourself alone.” –orison swett marden
Tynwi469: “the golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. it is not in your environment; it’s not in luck or chance, or the help of others; but it is in yourself alone.” –orison swett marden
Lameckjuma72361: forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.,orison swett marden,stars, flowers, man ,
Solomonobo16531: don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. seize common occasions and make them great. weak men wait for opportunities strong men make them. ,orison swett marden,great, strong, men ,
Mw89729262: no employer today is independent of those about him. he cannot succeed alone, no matter how great his ability or capital. business today is more than ever a question of cooperation.,orison swett marden,today, great, alone ,
Read All Comments