Who is Barry CornwallLife and career Born at Leeds, Yorkshire, he was educated at Harrow School, where he had for contemporaries Lord Byron and Robert Peel. On leaving school he was placed in the office of a solicitor at Calne, Wiltshire, remaining there until about 1807, when he returned to London to study law. By the death of his father in 1816 he became possessed of a small property, and soon after entered into partnership with a solicitor; but in 1820 the partnership was dissolved, and he began to write under the pseudonym of "Barry Cornwall".
After his marriage in 1824 to Miss Skepper, daughter of Mrs Basil Montague, he returned to his profession as a conveyancer, and was called to the bar in 1831. In the following year he was appointed metropolitan commissioner of lunacy—an ...
Read Full Biography
Barry Cornwall Poems
- In France
The poplars in the fields of France
Are golden ladies come to dance;
But yet to see them there is none
But I and the September sun. ...
- The Old Witch In The Copse
I am a Witch, and a kind old Witch,
There's many a one knows that--
Alone I live in my little dark house
With Pillycock, my cat. ...
- A Poet-s Thought
TELL me, what is a poetâ??s thought?
Is it on the sudden born?
Is it from the starlight caught?
Is it by the tempest taught, ...
WE are born; we laugh; we weep;
We love; we droop; we die!
Ah! wherefore do we laugh or weep?
Why do we live, or die? ...
- Song (here's A Health To Thee, Mary...)
Here's a health to thee, Mary,
Here's a health to thee;
The drinkers are gone,
And I am alone, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Barry CornwallI Love You 7 Love 7 Song 7 Heart 6 Sun 6 Sweet 6 Thought 5 Deep 5 Pain 5 Night 4
Barry Cornwall Quotes
Comments about Barry Cornwall
- Barry_pashley: back from cornwall after nearly 8 hours travelling.2more pics before i came. beautiful harbour of penzance and windswept lands end.
- Lamornavh: missing person? can you help. barry taylor age 75 is missing from home in kerris. last seen 10th sept. sightings of mr taylor should be reported to police. quote incident log 391 11/09/2021. call 101 or 999 if in an emergency.
- Cornwalllive: barry was last seen on friday
- Thepacket: call police on 101 if you see him - or 999 in an emergency.
- Ecoclipper: "the sea! the sea! the open sea! the blue! the fresh! the ever free! the opening to the sea by barry cornwall (1787-1874)