Who is Barry CornwallLife and career Born at Leeds, Yorkshire, he was educated at Harrow School, where he had for contemporaries Lord Byron and Robert Peel. On leaving school he was placed in the office of a solicitor at Calne, Wiltshire, remaining there until about 1807, when he returned to London to study law. By the death of his father in 1816 he became possessed of a small property, and soon after entered into partnership with a solicitor; but in 1820 the partnership was dissolved, and he began to write under the pseudonym of "Barry Cornwall".
After his marriage in 1824 to Miss Skepper, daughter of Mrs Basil Montague, he returned to his profession as a conveyancer, and was called to the bar in 1831. In the following year he was appointed metropolitan commissioner of lunacy—an ...
Read Full Biography
Barry Cornwall Poems
- In France
The poplars in the fields of France
Are golden ladies come to dance;
But yet to see them there is none
But I and the September sun. ...
- The Old Witch In The Copse
I am a Witch, and a kind old Witch,
There's many a one knows that--
Alone I live in my little dark house
With Pillycock, my cat. ...
- A Poet-s Thought
TELL me, what is a poetâ??s thought?
Is it on the sudden born?
Is it from the starlight caught?
Is it by the tempest taught, ...
WE are born; we laugh; we weep;
We love; we droop; we die!
Ah! wherefore do we laugh or weep?
Why do we live, or die? ...
- Song (here's A Health To Thee, Mary...)
Here's a health to thee, Mary,
Here's a health to thee;
The drinkers are gone,
And I am alone, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Barry CornwallI Love You 7 Love 7 Song 7 Heart 6 Sun 6 Sweet 6 Thought 5 Deep 5 Pain 5 Night 4
Barry Cornwall Quotes
Comments about Barry Cornwall
- Henrymance: greta thunberg took a boat to new york. boris johnson took a plane to cornwall.
- Adambienkov: boris johnson has flown by jet to cornwall where leaders will discuss “tackling climate change”. the government’s own figures suggest the journey has five times the carbon footprint of taking the train.
- Hansmollman: if i wanted a greener world i would simply….not take a plane to cornwall
- Peston: who on earth would choose to fly to cornwall rather than take the train?
- Mrstache9: the cbc dutifully showed trudeau at the top of the steps, waving to nobody as he entered the party plane for cornwall this morning.