Who is Barry CornwallLife and career Born at Leeds, Yorkshire, he was educated at Harrow School, where he had for contemporaries Lord Byron and Robert Peel. On leaving school he was placed in the office of a solicitor at Calne, Wiltshire, remaining there until about 1807, when he returned to London to study law. By the death of his father in 1816 he became possessed of a small property, and soon after entered into partnership with a solicitor; but in 1820 the partnership was dissolved, and he began to write under the pseudonym of "Barry Cornwall".
After his marriage in 1824 to Miss Skepper, daughter of Mrs Basil Montague, he returned to his profession as a conveyancer, and was called to the bar in 1831. In the following year he was appointed metropolitan commissioner of lunacy—an ...
Read Full Biography
Barry Cornwall Poems
- In France
The poplars in the fields of France
Are golden ladies come to dance;
But yet to see them there is none
But I and the September sun. ...
- The Old Witch In The Copse
I am a Witch, and a kind old Witch,
There's many a one knows that--
Alone I live in my little dark house
With Pillycock, my cat. ...
- A Poet-s Thought
TELL me, what is a poetâ??s thought?
Is it on the sudden born?
Is it from the starlight caught?
Is it by the tempest taught, ...
WE are born; we laugh; we weep;
We love; we droop; we die!
Ah! wherefore do we laugh or weep?
Why do we live, or die? ...
- Song (here's A Health To Thee, Mary...)
Here's a health to thee, Mary,
Here's a health to thee;
The drinkers are gone,
And I am alone, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Barry CornwallI Love You 7 Love 7 Song 7 Heart 6 Sun 6 Sweet 6 Thought 5 Deep 5 Pain 5 Night 4
Barry Cornwall Quotes
Comments about Barry Cornwall
- Dc4x4response: it is with sadness that we hear the news of h.r.h. prince philip passing away this morning. on behalf of devon and cornwall 4x4 response would like to offer our deepest condolences to her majesty the queen and the royal family at this very sad time. barry nevill group chairman
- Beabeabug: really can’t understand why anyone loses their peace to arguments with strangers on the internet. you’re never going to see eye to eye with everyone and there will always be toxic people in the world. who cares what barry from cornwall thinks, you literally don’t know him?
- Robertsonslegal: it is claimed that a relative of the duchess of cornwall has been left financially ruined following a difficult divorce.
- Jaynekirkham4: barry gardiner questions george eustice on the fal fisheries who’ve not been able to export since brexit on 1 jan. eustice appears to say that they aren’t eligible for compensation because they are ‘part-time fishermen’! really?!?
- Petauk: victory: after receiving a letter from peta – signed by over 33,000 of our supporters – cornwall council rejects plans for a monstrous rabbit farm: