Who is Edward Thomas...
Read Full Biography
Edward Thomas Poems
- The Sign-post
The dim sea glints chill. The white sun is shy,
And the skeleton weeds and the never-dry,
Rough, long grasses keep white with frost
At the hill-top by the finger-post; ...
- The Barn
They should never have built a barn there, at all -
Drip, drip, drip! - under that elm tree,
Though when it was young. Now it is old
But good, not like the barn and me. ...
- It Was Upon
It was upon a July evening.
At a stile I stood, looking along a path
Over the country by a second Spring
Drenched perfect green again. 'The lattermath ...
- In Memoriam (easter, 1915)
The flowers left thick at nightfall in the wood
This Eastertide call into mind the men,
Now far from home, who, with their sweethearts, should
Have gathered them and will do never again....
- The Word
There are so many things I have forgot,
That once were much to me, or that were not,
All lost, as is a childless woman's child
And its child's children, in the undefiled ...
Top 10 most used topics by Edward ThomasNever 41 Night 26 Sun 26 Dark 23 I Love You 22 Love 22 Lost 21 Long 21 Earth 20 White 20
Edward Thomas QuotesRead All Quotes
Comments about Edward Thomas
- Astromikemerri: a lovely poem for the day (thanks, sis!) by edward thomas; i only previously knew “adlestrop”. also learned that he was the inspiration for frost’s “the road not taken,” which, at least partially, was responsible for his death (
- Esthdanne: thomas greene wiggins was an africanamerican pianist,born on the wiley edward jones plantation in harris county, georgia on may 25, 1849. he was born blind and autistic. he was a musical genius with an indescribable memory. died: june 14, 1908, hoboken, n.j united states.
- Matthewoates76: diary 3/3/21: wintry chill under an errant weather forecast: glowers without glimmers. the birds, the skies, silenced. celandines abed. edward thomas’s birthday. frome valley: late lunch on mossy log by tumbling stream, a dipper sped by. the day ended with it
- Spiroagnewghost: 100 years ago. u.s. chief justice edward white gives the oath of office to incoming president warren harding, march 4, 1921 with outgoing vp thomas marshall & incoming vp calvin coolidge among those looking on. harding is wrongly maligned for others who were corrupt around him.
- Romeagleswrestl: wwac league championships results 119 - devon watson - 2nd 125 - salvador sanchez - 2nd place 130 - steve baughman - champ 145 - edward kellogg - 3rd 152 - zerrick thomas - 4th 215 - jamarion claybron - champ 285 - kameron prather - 3rd 285 - jaylen culver - champ -3x wwac champ