Who is Edward Thomas...
Read Full Biography
Edward Thomas Poems
- The Sign-post
The dim sea glints chill. The white sun is shy,
And the skeleton weeds and the never-dry,
Rough, long grasses keep white with frost
At the hill-top by the finger-post; ...
- The Barn
They should never have built a barn there, at all -
Drip, drip, drip! - under that elm tree,
Though when it was young. Now it is old
But good, not like the barn and me. ...
- It Was Upon
It was upon a July evening.
At a stile I stood, looking along a path
Over the country by a second Spring
Drenched perfect green again. 'The lattermath ...
- In Memoriam (easter, 1915)
The flowers left thick at nightfall in the wood
This Eastertide call into mind the men,
Now far from home, who, with their sweethearts, should
Have gathered them and will do never again....
- The Word
There are so many things I have forgot,
That once were much to me, or that were not,
All lost, as is a childless woman's child
And its child's children, in the undefiled ...
Top 10 most used topics by Edward ThomasNever 41 Night 26 Sun 26 Dark 23 I Love You 22 Love 22 Lost 21 Long 21 Earth 20 White 20
Edward Thomas QuotesRead All Quotes
Comments about Edward Thomas
- War_poets: 5 may 1915 edward thomas writes ‘the glory’: ‘i cannot bite the day to the core.’
- War_poets: 5 may 1916 edward thomas writes 'i never saw that land before' subsequently published as 'going home from hare hall' 'i never saw that land before, and now can never see it again'
- Curlyalicia1: my fave steamies on thomas are henry, gordon, james, duck, donald and douglas, edward. i have some random underrated from the hit model era i like too
- Book_addict: happy birthday to manx scholar and poet thomas edward brown (may 5,1830), author of “fo'c's'le yarns” (1881) et al.
- Oliverthelittl1: and finally edgo his just basically edward but a bit hornby looking but there is an engine called “edgo” in the fast forward thomas shorts (yes this au is based off from that) soooo yeah