Who is Tom HooperThomas George Hooper (born 5 October 1972) is a British-Australian filmmaker.
Hooper began making short films as a teenager and had his first professional short, Painted Faces, broadcast on Channel 4 in 1992. At Oxford University, Hooper directed plays and television commercials. After graduating, he directed episodes of Quayside, Byker Grove, EastEnders, and Cold Feet on British television. In the 2000s, Hooper directed the major BBC costume dramas Love in a Cold Climate (2001) and Daniel Deronda (2002), as well as the 2003 revival of ITV's Prime Suspect series, starring Helen Mirren. Hooper made his feature film debut with Red Dust (2004), a British drama starring Hilary Swank and Chiwetel Ejiofor, before directing Helen Mirren again in the Company Pictures/HBO Films historical ...
Read Full Biography of Tom Hooper
Tom Hooper Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Tom Hooper
Tom Hooper Quotes
- I think we all have blocks between us and the best version of ourselves, whether it's shyness, insecurity, anxiety, whether it's a physical block, and the story of a person overcoming that block to their best self. It's truly inspiring because I think all of us are engaged in that every day.
- My dad said, 'The thing that I was told that was really helpful was that I mustn't be afraid of the things I was afraid of when I was five years old'. The shock of his childhood had put him in this defensive crouch against the world, and he needed to know that he had a nice wife and kids and it wasn't the same any more.
- When I was growing up my mother would say, 'Your dad may have to learn about being a father because he lost his own and that would have affected him'.
- I feel connected to the Second World War because my father lost his father in that war. So, through my dad and the effect it had on him of losing his father young, I always felt connected to the war. It goes back years, but it still feels to me as if we're completely living in it.
- I mean, we've all had those dreams where, you know, we try to cry out and our voice won't come.
Comments about Tom HooperMvbrat91: okay, um, there's a flaw i'm seeing with tom hooper and his "we're doing the singing live!" method. jackman and crowe sound off when singing! and that shouldn't be possible given their own singing outside of this.
Lewisjo58265023: people really don’t like tom hooper it would seem
Darkknight2149: thinking of tom hooper's cats & chloe zao's eternals, it's genuinely interesting when a talented award-winning filmmaker on a win streak unexpectedly drops the ball. like, the stars are aligned for it to be an acclaimed hit and it just... isn't. makes for fascinating analysis.
Prison_health: historian tom hooper has charted 38 [gay] bathhouse raids from 1968-2004 in cities like montreal, ottawa, edmonton, calgary, and hamilton
Drrossgeller_: wonder what the f tom hooper is working on. understandable to take a breather after cats (fascinating film :d ) but come on !
Read All Comments