Who is Stephen HarperStephen Joseph Harper (born April 30, 1959) is a Canadian politician who served as the 22nd prime minister of Canada from 2006 to 2015. Harper is the first and only prime minister to come from the modern-day Conservative Party of Canada, serving as the party's first leader from 2004 to 2015.
Harper studied economics, earning a bachelor's degree in 1985 and a master's degree in 1991. He was one of the founders of the Reform Party of Canada and was first elected in 1993 in Calgary West. He did not seek re-election in the 1997 federal election, instead joining and later leading the National Citizens Coalition, a conservative lobbyist group. In 2002, he succeeded Stockwell Day as leader of the Canadian Alliance, the successor to the Reform Party, and returned to parliament as leader ...
Read Full Biography of Stephen Harper
Stephen Harper Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Stephen Harper
Stephen Harper Quotes
- We have in this country a federal government that increasingly is engaged in trying to determine which business, which regions, which industries will succeed, which will not through a whole range of economic development, regional development corporate subsidization programs.
- I think the way to change it is to handle issues individually when it's essential to do so.
- Canadians know that the promise of a recession didn't happen because of anything we did here. If you look at all the causes of the recession, problems in mortgage markets, the problems in the banking sector, the problems in government finance in countries like Greece, none of those problems were in present Canada.
- As a religion, bilingualism is the god that failed. It has led to no fairness, produced no unity, and cost Canadian taxpayers untold millions.
- I do not intend to dispute in any way the need for defence cuts and the need for government spending cuts in general. I do not share a not in my backyard approach to government spending reductions.
Comments about Stephen HarperAnunsafespace: last wednesday night, stephen harper quipped he was jealous of justin trudeau for having an ndp leader in commons who will do whatever he's told in exchange for not having to face an election. the only thing singh is fighting for is his pension which kicks in starting 2025.
Happycanadian55: may i remind voters that justin trudeau inherited a balanced budget from stephen harper? it would appear that budgets do not in fact balance themselves.
Bondzeelive: tonight, trippin with bondzee at 9pm est we have guest nick kaszap who infamously made it into former prime minister stephen harper’s book! he now lives and owns an amazing steak house in nicaragua. plus a quick update on the plane girl and some more great stories.see ya at 9!
Politicalcupid: stephen harper is pissed that he didn’t try this.
Jeanlucmarches1: and keenan, the great stephen harper accessed his own pension at the ripe old age of 56. harpercrite
Read All Comments