Who is Stephen HarperPersonal detailsBornStephen Joseph Harper
(1959-04-30) April 30, 1959 (age 61)
Leaside, Toronto, Ontario, CanadaPolitical partyConservative (2003–present)Other political
affiliationsLiberal (before 1985)Progressive Conservative (1985–1987)Reform (1987–1997)Alliance (2002–2003)Spouse(s)Laureen Teskey (m. 1993)Children
Read Full Biography
Stephen Harper Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Stephen Harper
Stephen Harper Quotes
- We have in this country a federal government that increasingly is engaged in trying to determine which business, which regions, which industries will succeed, which will not through a whole range of economic development, regional development corporate subsidization programs.
- I think the way to change it is to handle issues individually when it's essential to do so.
- Canadians know that the promise of a recession didn't happen because of anything we did here. If you look at all the causes of the recession, problems in mortgage markets, the problems in the banking sector, the problems in government finance in countries like Greece, none of those problems were in present Canada.
- As a religion, bilingualism is the god that failed. It has led to no fairness, produced no unity, and cost Canadian taxpayers untold millions.
- I do not intend to dispute in any way the need for defence cuts and the need for government spending cuts in general. I do not share a not in my backyard approach to government spending reductions.
Comments about Stephen Harper
- Mfiofv: so stephen harper has officially endorsed pp in his bid for party leadership. this is unsurprising.
- Kinsellawarren: stephen harper’s endorsement shows no boost for pierre poilievre, new poll suggests - the globe and mail
- Charlesadler: anyone who is genuinely surprised that stephen harper's endorsement of poilievre turns most cdns off, doesn't have a clue about how the majority of cdns feel about the former pm. no matter how much conservative talking heads wish to build monuments to harper, he is not popular.
- Johnadc48927665: i figure now is a good time to remind everyone in the canadian prairies that yes it was stephen harper who sold the canadian wheat board to the saudis. but keep whining about trudeau and fertilizer you can buy. you could use manure like the old days or its too much hard work.
- Hfinyow: pierre poilievre is more dangerous than stephen harper, and about on par with donald trump.