Who is Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi...
Read Full Biography
Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi Poems
- Rubaiyat 41
I wish that fate would cease this carnage,
And to the lovers give their due wage.
In times of youth the rein in my hands,
Now on the saddle, I ride in old age....
- Rubaiyat 13
Every friend who talked of love, became a foe.
Every eagle shifted its shape to a crow.
They say the night is pregnant, and I say,
Who is the father? And how do you know?...
- Rubaiyat 30
I spent my life chasing my wishes
What benefits fate furnishes?
Whomever to I said I loved you,
Turned to my foe, why my luck ravishes?...
- Here Will I Take My Rest
My lady, that did change this house of mine
Into a heaven when that she dwelt therein,
From head to foot an angel's grace divine
Enwrapped her; pure she was, spotless of sin; ...
- Arise And Fill A Golden Goblet
Arise! and fill a golden goblet up
Until the wine of pleasure overflow,
Before into thy skull's pale empty cup
A grimmer Cup-bearer the dust shall throw. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Shams Al-din Hafiz ShiraziHeart 43 I Love You 37 Love 37 Life 27 Bring 22 God 21 Time 21 Rose 20 Sweet 20 Fate 18
Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi Quotes
Comments about Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi
- Faust89823700: shams al-din hafiz shirazi - the days of spring the days of spring are here! the eglantine, the rose, the tulip from the dust have risen- and thou, why liest thou beneath the dust? like the full clouds of spring, these eyes of mine
- Faust89823700: shams al-din hafiz shirazi - rubaiyat 28 don’t let go of the cup’s lips till you receive your worldly tips. bittersweet is the world’s cup from lover’s lips and the cup sips.
- Faust89823700: shams al-din hafiz shirazi - rubaiyat 01 the only vision i have is your sight the only thing i follow is your light. everyone finds his repose in sleep, sleep from my eyes has taken flight.
- Faust89823700: shams al-din hafiz shirazi - rubaiyat 06 you are the moon and the sun is your slave; as your slave, it like you must behave. it is only your luminosity and light that light of sun and moon can save.
- Faust89823700: shams al-din hafiz shirazi - rubaiyat 25 o friend, from your foes your heart release, in pleasant company drink the good wine with ease. confer with those who know, open your heart and from the ignorant fleas flee like the breeze.