Who is Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi...
Read Full Biography
Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi Poems
- Rubaiyat 41
I wish that fate would cease this carnage,
And to the lovers give their due wage.
In times of youth the rein in my hands,
Now on the saddle, I ride in old age....
- Rubaiyat 13
Every friend who talked of love, became a foe.
Every eagle shifted its shape to a crow.
They say the night is pregnant, and I say,
Who is the father? And how do you know?...
- Rubaiyat 30
I spent my life chasing my wishes
What benefits fate furnishes?
Whomever to I said I loved you,
Turned to my foe, why my luck ravishes?...
- Here Will I Take My Rest
My lady, that did change this house of mine
Into a heaven when that she dwelt therein,
From head to foot an angel's grace divine
Enwrapped her; pure she was, spotless of sin; ...
- Arise And Fill A Golden Goblet
Arise! and fill a golden goblet up
Until the wine of pleasure overflow,
Before into thy skull's pale empty cup
A grimmer Cup-bearer the dust shall throw. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Shams Al-din Hafiz ShiraziHeart 43 I Love You 37 Love 37 Life 27 Bring 22 God 21 Time 21 Rose 20 Sweet 20 Fate 18
Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi Quotes
Comments about Shams Al-din Hafiz Shirazi
- Innovateshahid: if like me, you too fall in this trap, hold the wine and cup upon your lap. we are the lovers, burning our tracks, join us, if you can put up with the crap. shams al-din hafiz shirazi
- Sherazrabani: your eyes enrapture, and colors pour, alas, your love’s arrows score. too soon you gave up on the lovers, alas, your heart has rocks in store. shams al-din hafiz shirazi
- Sherazrabani: with good company and harp and reed in a corner, jug of wine and time to heed, the warmth of wine runs through my veins, why should i succumb to my greed? shams al-din hafiz shirazi
- Sherazrabani: bring me the cup that preys on joy; bring me a lover who is shy and coy. the wine that twists and turns like a chain bring me to enslave and destroy. shams al-din hafiz shirazi
- Sherazrabani: let not your thoughts constantly be fought, let thoughts in patience and joy be caught. what patience? cause what they call the heart is a drop of blood, and a thousand thought. shams al-din hafiz shirazi