Who is Katherine MansfieldKathleen Mansfield Murry (née Beauchamp; 14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923) was a New Zealand writer, essayist and journalist, widely considered one of the most influential and important authors of the modernist movement. Her works are celebrated across the world, and have been published in 25 languages.Born and raised in a house on Tinakori Road in the Wellington suburb of Thorndon, Mansfield was the third child in the Beauchamp family. After being raised by her parents and her beloved grandmother, she began school in Karori with her sisters before attending Wellington Girls' College. The Beauchamp girls later switched to the elite Fitzherbert Terrace School, where Mansfield became friends with Maata Mahapuku, who became a muse for early work and with whom she is believed to have had a ...
Read Full Biography of Katherine Mansfield
Katherine Mansfield Poems
- Very Early Spring
The fields are snowbound no longer;
There are little blue lakes and flags of tenderest green.
The snow has been caught up into the sky--
So many white clouds--and the blue of the sky is cold. ...
- The Candle
By my bed, on a little round table
The Grandmother placed a candle.
She gave me three kisses telling me they were three
- A Little Boy's Dream
To and fro, to and fro
In my little boat I go
Sailing far across the sea
All alone, just little me. ...
- The Opal Dream Cave
In an opal dream cave I found a fairy:
Her wings were frailer than flower petals,
Frailer far than snowflakes.
She was not frightened, but poised on my finger, ...
- Grown-up Talk
Half-Past-Six and I were talking
In a very grown-up way;
We had got so tired with running
That we did not want to play. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Katherine MansfieldAway 18 Dark 17 Play 16 Sky 16 White 16 Sea 16 Night 15 Song 15 Never 15 Child 15
Katherine Mansfield Quotes
- By health I mean the power to live a full, adult, living, breathing life in close contact with... the earth and the wonders thereof - the sea - the sun.
- I am treating you as my friend asking you share my present minuses in the hope I can ask you to share my future pluses.
- I am treating you as my friend, asking you to share my present minuses in the hope that I can ask you to share my future pluses.
- Risk Risk anything Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.
- Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.
Comments about Katherine MansfieldAutiquarian: reading some katherine mansfield for next term and i need to live in crescent bay, it is the base of my personal hierarchy of needs
Pechaynigail: everything in life that we really accept undergoes a change. -katherine mansfield makensayatayu saralphgail
Pechaynigail: could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. -katherine mansfield makensayatayu saralphgail
Solisinthesky0: what i feel for you can’t be conveyed in phrasal combinations; it either screams out loud or stays painfully silent but i promise, it beats words katherine mansfield
Maryamanoor3: “make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing.” —katherine mansfield
Read All Comments