Who is S. K. KelenS. K. Kelen (born in Sydney in 1956) is a poet and educator. His father, Stephen Istvan Kelen, was a journalist and writer, and his brother, Christopher Kelen, is also a poet. S. K. Kelen began publishing poetry in 1973, when he won a Poetry Australia contest for young poets and several of his poems were published in that journal.
Kelen attended the University of Sydney, where he studied Philosophy and Literature. After graduating he worked in Sydney in various jobs then Canberra as a civil servant, and reviewed books for the Canberra Times. He has also been a visiting professor at the University of South Dakota in 1996, and Asialink Writer in Residence in Vietnam in 1998. In 2005 he completed a Ph.D. from the University of Adelaide. He taught poetry...
Read Full Biography
S. K. Kelen Poems
White glow melts life
freezes shadow, twisted bottle
the birth of the transistor
Bugsa Bunny you're the sanest man
in all Italia last hope for risorgimento
singing Santa Lucia in the barber shop
glorious ears twitching your gondola...
wild animals become divinely rare
their habitats wild homes are soft earth & tree
cannot flee before the bulldozer concrete
flame and smoke desert where only wheat...
- Thousand Star Hotel, Hanoi
Over the road from the three star Galaxy Hotel is our hotel,
the old park on Phan Dinh Phung Street,...
- The Spheres
The sun is burning a hole in your pocket
and though very slowly you are making...
Top 10 most used topics by S. K. KelenI Love You 8 Love 8 Life 8 Light 7 Night 6 Time 6 Car 5 Never 5 Tree 5 Place 5
S. K. Kelen Quotes
Comments about S. K. Kelen
- Rochfordsreview: syncopated synesthesia: – devika brendon reviews ‘a happening in hades’, by s.k.kelen,
- Booksgazebo: s. k. kelen's new collection of poems, love's philosophy, is out in july.
- Stuartabarnes: you must be light as air to receive a tree frog’s blessing stephen k. kelen
- Giossyvision: im k to the e to the l kelen keller i slang candy at school im a number one seller playing bass in the band so im k...
- Vlansford: for all of us who refuse to shoved into a single media box, take inspiration from my friend, past student, and coll...
Write your comment about S. K. Kelen
Van Jonson: Only one of these books is by S. K. Kelen.
Bryan z: SKK’s poems rule!
Yvonne Meltingheart: Wonderful poems.