Who is Robert Herrick...
Read Full Biography
Robert Herrick Poems
- His Confession
Look how our foul days do exceed our fair;
And as our bad, more than our good works are,
E'en so those lines, pen'd by my wanton wit,
Treble the number of these good I've writ. ...
- What God Is
God is above the sphere of our esteem,
And is the best known, not defining Him.
- Love Me Little, Love Me Long
You say, to me-wards your affection's strong;
Pray love me little, so you love me long.
Slowly goes far: the mean is best: desire,
Grown violent, does either die or tire....
Health is no other, as the learned hold,
But a just measure both of heat and cold.
- Upon Brock. Epig
To cleanse his eyes, Tom Brock makes much ado,
But not his mouth, the fouler of the two.
A clammy rheum makes loathsome both his eyes:
His mouth, worse furr'd with oaths and blasphemies....
Top 10 most used topics by Robert HerrickSweet 156 Love 121 I Love You 121 Good 113 Live 91 Long 88 Bring 84 Great 70 Kiss 63 Crown 62
Robert Herrick Quotes
- Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Times is still a-flying And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying.
- What is a kiss? Why this, as some approve: The sure, sweet cement, glue, and lime of love.
Comments about Robert Herrick
- Altmansiegel: troy lamarr chew ii textual relations, 2021 signed & dated on verso oil on panel 24 x 24 in "fair use: what's mine is yours" is on through august 27. learn more here:
- Rajoyceucb: —robert herrick, “the argument of his book”
- Gina67064162: when in hs-they made us read-to the virgins to make the most of time-by robert herrick-actually told the virgins to do it -really weird stuff schools taught then -& want to teach again with the never b4 heard of subject called critical race theory
- Archibaldheath1: a neighbor’s granddaughter is visiting and departs later today. my daughter and her pals have been playing with her, but this morning they were fighting and i had to dispense some advice. it sounded much like robert herrick.
- Takeyourlemons: "gather ye rosebuds while ye may old time is still a-flying; and this same flower that smiles today tomorrow will be dying" robert herrick