Who is Robert Fuller MurrayRobert Fuller Murray (1863–1894), was a Victorian poet. Although born in the United States, Murray lived most of his life in the United Kingdom, most notably in St Andrews, Scotland. He wrote two books of poetry and was published occasionally in periodicals.
Murray was born 26 December 1863 in Roxbury, Massachusetts, son of Emmeline and John Murray, the latter a Scotsman and a Unitarian minister. In 1869 his father took him to Kelso and from that point on, except for a brief visit to Egypt, he stayed in the U.K. He attended grammar school in Ilminster and Crewkerne and in 1881 he entered the University of St Andrews. In 1886 his father died. He worked for a while assisting John M. D. Meiklejohn, Professor of the Theory, History, and Practice of Edu...
Read Full Biography
Robert Fuller Murray Poems
- Come Back To St. Andrews
Come back to St. Andrews! Before you went away
You said you would be wretched where you could not see the Bay,
The East sands and the West sands and the castle in the sea
Come back to St. Andrews--St. Andrews and me. ...
- The Swallows. From Jean Pierre Claris Florian
I love to see the swallows come
At my window twittering,
Bringing from their southern home
News of the approaching spring. ...
- To Alfred Tennyson--1883
Familiar with thy melody,
We go debating of its power,
As churls, who hear it hour by hour,
Contemn the skylark's minstrelsy-- ...
- The Poet's Hat
The rain had fallen, the Poet arose,
He passed through the doorway into the street,
A strong wind lifted his hat from his head,
And he uttered some words that were far from sweet. ...
- Milton. With Apologies To Lord Tennyson
O swallow-tailed purveyor of college sprees,
O skilled to please the student fraternity,
Most honoured publican of Scotland,
Milton, a name to adorn the Cross Keys; ...
Top 10 most used topics by Robert Fuller MurrayHeart 34 Love 32 I Love You 32 Night 30 Long 28 Sweet 27 Away 27 Hear 27 Place 24 Soul 24
Robert Fuller Murray Quotes
Comments about Robert Fuller Murray
- Darkday98: my lamp is out, my task is done, and up the stair with lingering feet i climb. the staircase clock strikes one. good night, my love! good night, my sweet! – robert fuller murray
- Wiki_vandalism: wikipedia page robert fuller murray has possibly been vandalized.
- Justinb1972: good night all. this is how i feel about all of you: my lips no other words can say, but still they murmur and repeat to you, who slumber far away, good night, my love! good night, my sweet! (robert fuller murray)
- Nonnie_nautskie: a late good night my lamp is out, my task is done, and up the stair with lingering feet i climb. the staircase clock strikes one. good night, my love! good night, my sweet! by – robert fuller murray https:\\
- Melaniejaxn: early on christmas day, love, as awake i lay, and heard the christmas bells ring sweet and clearly, my heart stole through the gloom into your silent room, and whispered to your heart, `i love you dearly.' -robert fuller murray