Who is P. G. WodehouseSir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, ( WOOD-howss; 15 October 1881 – 14 February 1975) was an English author and one of the most widely read humorists of the 20th century. His creations include the feather-brained Bertie Wooster and his sagacious valet, Jeeves; the immaculate and loquacious Psmith; Lord Emsworth and the Blandings Castle set; the Oldest Member, with stories about golf; and Mr Mulliner, with tall tales on subjects ranging from bibulous bishops to megalomaniac movie moguls.
Born in Guildford, the third son of a British magistrate based in Hong Kong, Wodehouse spent happy teenage years at Dulwich College, to which he remained devoted all his life. After leaving school he was employed by a bank but disliked the work and turned to writing in his spare time. His early nove...
Read Full Biography of P. G. Wodehouse
P. G. Wodehouse Poems
- The Haunted Tram
Ghosts of The Towers, The Grange, The Court,
Ghosts of the Castle Keep.
Ghosts of the finicking, “high-life” sort
Are growing a trifle cheap....
- Damon And Pythias: A Romance
Since Earth was first created,
Since Time began to fly,
No friends were e'er so mated,
So firm as JONES and I....
Top 10 most used topics by P. G. WodehouseHear 2 Touch 2 Hair 2 High 2 Night 2 People 2 Point 2 Sad 1 Smith 1 I Miss You 1
P. G. Wodehouse Quotes
- Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious.
- It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.
- If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.
- The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.
- At the age of eleven or thereabouts women acquire a poise and an ability to handle difficult situations which a man, if he is lucky, manages to achieve somewhere in the later seventies.
Comments about P. G. WodehouseGoufpeera2: the white feather by p. g. wodehouse - audiobook
Theeicb: p. g. wodehouse discussing jeeves and wooster (1960s interview)
Shortthoughts: 4 of 5 stars to jeeves in the offing by p.g. wodehouse
Circumevidence: proof by reference to p. g. wodehouse
Truefactsbot: my dad has ceased to exist?' - p.g. wodehouse, 1945
Read All Comments
Write your comment about P. G. Wodehouse
Pho Hla Gyi: I love P.G.Wodehouse's poems