Who is Nizar QabbaniNizar Tawfiq Qabbani (Arabic: نزار توفيق قباني Nizār Tawfīq Qabbānī) (21 March 1923 – 30 April 1998) was a Syrian diplomat, poet and publisher. His poetic style combines simplicity and elegance in exploring themes of love, eroticism, feminism, religion, and Arab nationalism. Qabbani is one of the most revered contemporary poets in the Arab world, and is considered to be Syria's National Poet.
Contents BiographyEarly life
Read Full Biography
Nizar Qabbani Poems
- Bread, Hashish And Moon.
When the moon is born in the east,
And the white rooftops drift asleep
Under the heaped-up light,
People leave their shops and march forth in groups ...
- I Have No Power
"I have no power to change you
or explain your ways
Never believe a man can change a woman
Those men are pretenders ...
- When I Love You
When I love you
A new language springs up,
New cities, new countries discovered.
The hours breathe like puppies, ...
- School Of Love
Your love taught me how to grieve,
And for centuries I needed a woman to make me grieve,
I needed a woman
To make me cry on her shoulders like a bird, ...
- Two African Breasts
Let me find time
to welcome in this love
that comes unbid.
Let me find time ...
Top 10 most used topics by Nizar QabbaniI Love You 31 Love 31 Water 18 Woman 15 Children 14 World 14 Sea 14 God 13 Time 12 History 12
Nizar Qabbani Quotes
Comments about Nizar Qabbani
- Conradkbarwa: "the female doesn’t want a rich man or a handsome man or even a poet, she wants a man who understands her eyes if she gets sad, and points to his chest and say : “here is your home country.” nizar qabbani
- Yayaver1: oh darling what are we to do in this nation? this nation that dare not see its body in the mirror for fear of craving it? that dare not hear a woman's voice on the phone for fear of being too impure to pray? -nizar qabbani
- Drspacejunk: lie down with grammarians and linguists poem by nizar qabbani
- Sniper121: “they say : “i wish you happy dreams.” isn’t there anybody to say : “i wish you happy reality.” ? what can we do with a happy dream if we live in a painful reality?” — nizar qabbani
- Westasianwitch: and if they make me choose, i’d choose to love you once more-nizar qabbani