Who is Nizar QabbaniNizar Tawfiq Qabbani (Arabic: نزار توفيق قباني Nizār Tawfīq Qabbānī) (21 March 1923 – 30 April 1998) was a Syrian diplomat, poet and publisher. His poetic style combines simplicity and elegance in exploring themes of love, eroticism, feminism, religion, and Arab nationalism. Qabbani is one of the most revered contemporary poets in the Arab world, and is considered to be Syria's National Poet.
Contents BiographyEarly life
Read Full Biography
Nizar Qabbani Poems
- Bread, Hashish And Moon.
When the moon is born in the east,
And the white rooftops drift asleep
Under the heaped-up light,
People leave their shops and march forth in groups ...
- I Have No Power
"I have no power to change you
or explain your ways
Never believe a man can change a woman
Those men are pretenders ...
- When I Love You
When I love you
A new language springs up,
New cities, new countries discovered.
The hours breathe like puppies, ...
- School Of Love
Your love taught me how to grieve,
And for centuries I needed a woman to make me grieve,
I needed a woman
To make me cry on her shoulders like a bird, ...
- Two African Breasts
Let me find time
to welcome in this love
that comes unbid.
Let me find time ...
Top 10 most used topics by Nizar QabbaniI Love You 31 Love 31 Water 18 Woman 15 Children 14 World 14 Sea 14 God 13 Time 12 History 12
Nizar Qabbani Quotes
Comments about Nizar Qabbani
- Ranabitarbooks: the reading at caffe lena was an amazing experience. i am particularly proud of bringing mr. nizar qabbani’s words on the stage of the historical caffe. thank you to all who attended in person and virtually! thank you for your kind comments and support!
- __sitaraa: nizar qabbani says: be alone, for loneliness is beautiful, no pain, no longing, no separation, and perhaps no feelings.
- Hajisaheb11: "it's not shame if a man learns something from a woman's heart which make him more gentle and human." --nizar qabbani
- Daxhingdebonair: "a tragedy, when a mature mind and a romantic heart are in the same body." --- nizar qabbani
- Daxhingdebonair: "if you want to kill somebody, conquer his heart, then leave slowly and leave them between death and madness." --- nizar qabbani