Who is Marriott EdgarMarriott Edgar Marriott Edgar (1880–1951), born George Marriott Edgar in Kirkcudbright, Scotland, was a poet, scriptwriter and comedian, best known for writing many of the monologues performed by Stanley Holloway, particularly the 'Albert' series. In total he wrote sixteen monologues for Stanley Holloway, whilst Holloway himself wrote only five.
Family background Edgar's grandfather was James Henry Marriott. His parents were Jane (also kn...
Read Full Biography
Marriott Edgar Poems
- Old Sam's Christmas Pudding
It was Christmas Day in the trenches
In Spain in Penninsular War,
And Sam Small were cleaning his musket
A thing as he'd ne're done before. ...
- The Magna Charter
I'll tell of the Magna Charter
As were signed at the Barons' command,
On Runningmead Island in t'middle of t'Thames
By King John, as were known as Lackland. ...
- The Fair Rosamond
You've heard of King Henry II
And the story of how he got fond
Of one of his customer's daughters,
A lass called the "Fair Rosamond." ...
- The 'ole In The Ark
One evening at dusk as Noah stood on his Ark,
Putting green oil in starboard side lamp,
His wife came along and said, 'Noah, summat's wrong,
Our cabin is getting quite damp. ...
- The Recumbent Posture
The day after Christmas, young Albert
Were what's called, confined to his bed,
With a tight kind of pain in his stummick
And a light feeling up in his head. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Marriott EdgarFace 22 Time 21 Moment 18 Young 18 Thought 17 Good 17 Place 16 Never 16 Long 15 Away 14
Marriott Edgar Quotes
Comments about Marriott Edgar
- Redgierob: i am making some poetry resources and have just been reading the lion and albert by marriott edgar. hilarious! so straight ‘way the brave little feller, not showing a morsel of fear, took ‘is stick with the ‘orse’s ‘ead ‘andle and shoved it in wallace’s ear!
- Flashalert_me: $mar [15s. delayed] filed sec form 4: insider harrison deborah marriott: delivered securities 15 of class a common stock - deferred stock bonus award at price $127.74 on 2021-01-04, decreased holding by 100% to 0 shares
- Stocktexts: $mar marriott international sec filing: form 4
- Mspatriciagao: the lion and albert, by marriott edgar
- Flashalert_me: $mar [15s. delayed] filed sec form 4: insider marriott david s: gifted 940 of class a common stock at price $0 and was gifted 940 of class a common stock at average price $0 on 2020-12-15, holding 6,777 shares