Who is KabirKabir (IAST: Kabīr) was a 15th-century Indian mystic poet and saint, whose writings, according to some scholars, influenced Hinduism's Bhakti movement. Kabir's verses are found in Sikhism's scripture Guru Granth Sahib. His most famous writings include his dohas or couplets.
Kabir is known for being critical of both Hinduism and Islam, stating that the former was misguided by the Vedas, and questioning their meaningless rites of initiation such as the sacred thread and circumcision respectively. During his lifetime, he was threatened by both Hindus and Muslims for his views.:4 When he died, both Hindus and Muslims had claimed him as theirs.[note 1]
Kabir suggested that True God is with the person who is on the path of righteousness, and thus considered all cre...
Read Full Biography
- Abode Of The Beloved
Oh Companion That Abode Is Unmatched,
Where My Complete Beloved Is.
In that Place There Is No Happiness or Unhappiness, ...
- Looking At The Grinding Stones - Dohas (couplets) I
Looking at the grinding stones, Kabir laments
In the duel of wheels, nothing stays intact.
searching for the wicked, met not a single one ...
- There's A Moon Inside My Body
THE moon shines in my body, but my blind eyes cannot see it:
The moon is within me, and so is the sun.
The unstruck drum of Eternity is sounded within me; but my deaf ears cannot hear it.
- Illusion And Reality
What is seen is not the Truth
What is cannot be said
Trust comes not without seeing
Nor understanding without words ...
- I Said To The Wanting-creature Inside Me
I said to the wanting-creature inside me:
What is this river you want to cross?
There are no travelers on the river-road, and no road.
Do you see anyone moving about on that bank, or nesting?...
Top 10 most used topics by KabirBody 24 I Love You 21 Love 21 Soul 15 Life 15 Away 15 Time 15 Water 15 Sky 13 Friend 13
Comments about Kabir
- Booboodaf: one more heart break till i become into kabir singh
- Oyebajwey: finally someone agrees that kabir singh is the shittiest movie.
- Reekosqueeze: still kills me
- Piersmorgan: he caught it with his bare hand? wow... that's incredible... he might almost be able to play cricket now.
- Kabir_32: be it however the wind is, the knee shall be bent, and the head shall bow down.