Who is Edith NesbitEdith Nesbit (married name Edith Bland; 15 August 1858 – 4 May 1924) was an English author and poet; she published her books for children under the name of E. Nesbit.
She wrote or collaborated on more than 60 books of children's literature. She was also a political activist and co-founded the Fabian Society, a socialist organisation later affiliated to the Labour Party.
Contents Biography Nesbit was born in 1858 at 38 Lower Kennington Lane in Kennington, Surrey (now classified as Inner London), the daughter of an agricultural chemist, John Collis Nesbit, who died in March 1862, before her fourth birthday. Her...
Read Full Biography
Edith Nesbit Poems
- From The Portuguese
When I lived in the village of youth
There were lilies in all the orchards, ...
I gathered shells upon the sand,
Each shell a little perfect thing,
So frail, yet potent to withstand
The mountain-waves' wild buffeting. ...
- In The Rose Garden
RED roses bright, pink roses and white
That bud and blossom and fall;
The very sight of my heart's delight
Is more than worth them all! ...
THREE months had passed since she had knelt before
The grate of the confessional, and he,
--The priest--had wondered why she came no more
To tell her sinless sins--the vanity ...
- At Evening Time There Shall Be Light
THE day was wild with wind and rain,
One grey wrapped sky and sea and shore,
It seemed our marsh would never again
Wear the rich robes that once it wore. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Edith NesbitLove 162 I Love You 162 Heart 139 Life 118 Dear 109 White 97 Night 91 Never 86 Sweet 85 Long 82
Edith Nesbit Quotes
Comments about Edith Nesbit
- Tayiorartbot: "marry me juliet, you'll never have to be alone" - taylor swift romeo and juliet - edith nesbit
- Allenmendenhall: edith nesbit & the modern magic story for children | national review
- Nro: edith nesbit “single-handedly invented the modern magic adventure story for children.”
- Ne_bylines: in haunted, stephen tomlin brings to life edith nesbit’s gloriously gothic man size in marble and grace kirby reads a gripping ‘ghost in the machine’ story safe as houses by christine poulson. | north east bylines
- Mcclure111: for a moment thought this was a tweet about edith nesbit and was like "wha"