Jose Marti Long Poems
- 1. Los Dos Pràncipes (the Two Princes)
The palace is in mourning,
The king cries on his throne;
The queen is also crying,
She's crying all alone.
- 2. The Spanish Dancer (verse X)
My soul tremulous and forlorn
At nightfall will grow lonely:
There's a show, let us go see
The Spanish dancer perform.
- 3. Because Your Eyes Were Two Flames (verse Xix)
Because your eyes were two flames
And your brooch wasn't pinned right,
I thought you had spent the night
In playing forbidden games.
- 4. I'll Never Forget, I Vow (verse Xiv)
I'll never forget, I vow,
That fall morning long ago,
When I saw a new leaf grow
Upon the old withered bow.
- 5. Wandering Through Love's Strange Bazaar (verse Xlii)
Wandering through love's strange bazaar,
Held by the seaside, not far,
A sad pearl fair as a star
By great luck fell to Agar.
- 6. I Have A Page Of Loyal-renown (verse Xi)
I have a page of loyal-renown
Who bends to all my desires,
Takes care of me, never tires,
Cleans and shines my laurel clown.