Jose Marti Heart Poems
- 1. Pour Out Your Sorrows, My Heart (verse Xlvi)
Pour out your sorrows, my heart,
But let none discover where;
For my pride makes me forbear
My heart's sorrows to impart.
- 2. I Dream Awake (from Ismaelillo)
Day and night
I always dream with open eyes
And on top of the foaming waves
Of the wide turbulent sea,
- 3. Yesterday, At The Art Show (verse Xxi)
Yesterday, at the art show,
I saw her, and yesterday
My heart from me flew away
After that woman to follow.
- 4. I Have A Dead Friend (verse Viii)
I have a dead friend who lately
Has begun to visit me:
My friend sits down and sings to me,
Sings to me so dolefully.
- 5. A Sincere Man Am I (verse I)
A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.
- 6. I Have A White Rose To Tend (verse Xxxix)
I have a white rose to tend
In July as in January;
I give it to the true friend
Who offers his frank hand to me.