Who is Jean De La Fontaine...
Read Full Biography
Jean De La Fontaine Poems
- The Two Adventurers And The Talisman
No flowery path to glory leads.
This truth no better voucher needs ...
- The Gardener And His Landlord (prose Fable)
A man who had a great fondness for gardening, being half a countryman and half town-bred, possessed in a certain village a fair-sized plot with a field attached, and all enclosed by a quickset hedge. Here sorrel and lettuce grew freely, as well as such flowers as Spanish jasmine and wild thyme, and from these his good wife Margot culled many a posy for her high days and holidays.
This happy state of things was soon troubled by the visits of a hare, and to such an extent that the man had to go to his landlord and lodge a complaint. "This wretched animal," he said, "comes here and stuffs himself night and morning, and simply laughs at traps and snares. As for stones and sticks they make no difference whatever to him. He must be enchanted."
- The Fishes And The Cormorant
No pond nor pool within his haunt
But paid a certain cormorant ...
- The Rabbits
An Address To The Duke De La Rochefoucauld.
- The Gardener And His Lord
A lover of gardens, half cit and half clown,
Possess'd a nice garden beside a small town;
And with it a field by a live hedge inclosed,
Where sorrel and lettuce, at random disposed, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Jean De La FontaineGood 135 Thought 109 Great 103 Place 87 Pray 81 Head 76 Long 69 Sweet 61 Mind 61 Face 61
Jean De La Fontaine Quotes
- Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire.
- A cheerful mind is a vigorous mind.
- Better to rely on one powerful king than on many little princes.
- By the work one knows the workmen.
- Help thyself, and God will help thee.
Comments about Jean De La Fontaine
- Keepupwmrsjones: “a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” jean de la fontaine
- Strrylixie: sadness flies away on the wings of time. - jean de la fontaine
- Pos_indonesia: the worst time is always the present. - jean de la fontaine
- Jai_vos_dents: jean de la fontaine, the oak and the reed
- Franjohnson_ie: "all the brains in the world are powerless against the sort of stupidity that is in fashion." jean de la fontaine knew all about influencers.