Who is Dylan ThomasDylan Marlais Thomas (27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953) was a Welsh poet and writer whose works include the poems "Do not go gentle into that good night" and "And death shall have no dominion"; the 'play for voices' Under Milk Wood; and stories and radio broadcasts such as A Child's Christmas in Wales and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog. He became widely popular in his lifetime and remained so after his premature death at the age of 39 in New York City. By then he had acquired a reputation, which he had encouraged, as a "roistering, drunken and doomed poet".
Thomas was born in Swansea, Wales, in 1914. An undistinguished pupil, he left school at 16 and became a journalist for a short time. Many of his works appeared in print while he was still a teenager, a...
Read Full Biography
Dylan Thomas Poems
- Love In The Asylum
A stranger has come
To share my room in the house not right in the head,
A girl mad as birds
- Out Of The Sighs
Out of the sighs a little comes,
But not of grief, for I have knocked down that
Before the agony; the spirit grows,
Forgets, and cries; ...
- I Have Longed To Move Away
I have longed to move away
From the hissing of the spent lie
And the old terrors' continual cry
Growing more terrible as the day ...
- The Tombstone Told When She Died
The tombstone told when she died.
Her two surnames stopped me still.
A virgin married at rest.
She married in this pouring place, ...
- The Conversation Of Prayer
The conversation of prayers about to be said
By the child going to bed and the man on the stairs
Who climbs to his dying love in her high room,
The one not caring to whom in his sleep he will move ...
Top 10 most used topics by Dylan ThomasSea 47 Love 46 I Love You 46 Sun 44 Light 40 Heart 40 Night 37 Death 35 Wind 34 Time 33
Dylan Thomas Quotes
- Do not go gentle into that good night.
- Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- I just drank eighteen whiskies. That must be a record.
Comments about Dylan Thomas
- Fuzzybeez: thomas brodie-sangster and dylan o'brien own my heart at this point.
- Austinimus: robert dylan thomas hanks
- Youth1media: dylan thomas just updated his youth1 player profile! check it out here:
- Badla3arbiya: “i hold a beast, an angel, and a madman in me” - dylan thomas
- Luigiasorren: dylan thomas “milk wood", commento di luigia sorrentino.