Who is Rosanna Eleanor LeprohonRosanna Eleanor Leprohon (January 12, 1829 – September 20, 1879), born Rosanna Eleanor Mullins, was a Canadian writer and poet. She was "one of the first English-Canadian writers to depict French Canada in a way that earned the praise of, and resulted in her novels being read by, both anglophone and francophone Canadians."
Life Leprohon was born on January 12, 1829, in Montreal to Francis and Rosanna Mullins. The second daughter of a wealthy merchant, she was educated at the Convent of the Congregation of Notre Dame. She later wrote the poems "A Touching Ceremony" and "On the Death of the Same Reverend Nun" to honor the nuns and convent.
She "published her first poetry, at age 17, in the Literary Garland, followed by serialized novels of manners...
Read Full Biography
Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon Poems
- Maude. - A Ballad Of The Olden Time
Around the castle turrets fiercely moaned the autumn blast,
And within the old lords daughter seemed dying, dying fast;
While o'er her couch in frenzied grief the stricken father bent,
And in deep sobs and stifled moans his anguish wild found vent. ...
- On The Death Of The Same Reverend Nun, The Venerable Mother St. Madeleine, Ten Years Later
Grief reigns now within the convent walls, ...
- To A Beautiful Child On Her Birthday, With A Wreath Of Flowers
Whilst others give thee wond'rous toys,
Or jewels rich and rare,
I bring but flowers - more meet are they
For one so young and fair. ...
- A Child's Treasures
Thou art home at last, my darling one,
Flushed and tired with thy play,
From morning dawn until setting sun
Hast thou been at sport away; ...
- A Boy's Hopes
Dear mother, dry those flowing tears,
They grieve me much to see;
And calm, oh! calm thine anxious fears -
What dost thou dread for me? ...
Top 10 most used topics by Rosanna Eleanor LeprohonBright 88 Earth 76 Sweet 67 Heart 60 High 57 Soft 55 Long 52 I Love You 46 Love 46 Gentle 45
Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon Quotes
Comments about Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- Plastic_bio: how hushed and still are earth and air,how lanquid 'neath the sun's firece ray-drooping and faint flowers fair,on this hot, sultry, summer day! - rosanna eleanor leprohon
- Venetiajane: "a few short months of snow and storm, of winter's chilling reign, and summer, with smiles and glances warm, will g...