Who is James Henry Leigh Hunt
Leigh HuntLeigh Hunt; portrait by Benjamin HaydonBornJames Henry Leigh Hunt
(1784-10-19)October 19, 1784
Southgate, London, EnglandDiedAugust 28, 1859(1859-08-28) (aged 74)
Read Full Biography
James Henry Leigh Hunt Poems
- Nun, The
Suggested By Part Of The Italian Song, Beginning "Se Moneca Ti Fai."
- Fairies' Song
Translation of a Latin poem by Thomas Randolph
We the fairies blithe and antic
Of dimensions not gigantic, ...
- A Thought Or Two On Reading Pomfret's 'choice'
I have been reading Pomfret's "Choice" this spring,
A pretty kind of--sort of--kind of thing,
Not much a verse, and poem none at all,
Yet, as they say, extremely natural. ...
- Bellman's Verses For 1814
Huzza, my boys! our friends the Dutch have risen,
Our good old friends, and burst the Tyrant's prison!
Aye, and have done it without bloodshed too,
Like men, to sense as well as freedom true. ...
- Robin Hood, A Child.
It was the pleasant season yet,
When the stones at cottage doors
Dry quickly, while the roads are wet,
After the silver showers. ...
Top 10 most used topics by James Henry Leigh HuntLove 18 I Love You 18 Sweet 13 Face 12 Good 12 Heart 11 Great 11 Thought 11 Time 9 Head 9
James Henry Leigh Hunt Quotes
Comments about James Henry Leigh Hunt
- Roy_wallen: there is no greater mistake in the world than the looking upon every sort of nonsense as want of sense. – james henry leigh hunt, born on this date in 1784
- Safarov851: colours are the smiles of nature. james henry leigh hunt
- Cageauxfou: . yet his look with the reach of past ages was wise, and the soul of eternity thought through his eyes. . - james henry leigh hunt -
- Rebeccaswoverla: “colors are the smiles of nature.” -james henry leigh hunt
- Kashmironline11: colours are the smiles of nature james henry leigh hunt. pc: madhurnangia photography