Who is James Arlington Wright...
Read Full Biography
James Arlington Wright Poems
- At The Executed Murderer's Grave
Why should we do this? What good is it to us? Above all,
how can we do such a thing? How can it possibly be done?
- To A Blossoming Pear Tree
Beautiful natural blossoms,
Pure delicate body,
You stand without trembling.
Little mist of fallen starlight, ...
- A Blessing
Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
Darken with kindness. ...
- The Jewel
There is this cave
In the air behind my body
That nobody is going to touch:
A cloister, a silence ...
- The Secret Of Light
I am sitting contented and alone in a little park near the Palazzo Scaligere in Verona, glimpsing the mists of early autumn as they shift and fade among the pines and city battlements on the hills above the river Adige.
The river has recovered from this morning's rainfall. It is now restoring to its shapely body its own secret light, a color of faintly cloudy green and pearl.
Top 10 most used topics by James Arlington WrightDark 18 Alone 16 Face 13 Body 13 Home 12 Away 12 Tree 11 I Love You 11 Love 11 Time 10
James Arlington Wright Quotes
Comments about James Arlington Wright
- Garycp70: thanks, barbara. while i didn't get a chance to serve in afghanistan, in 2010 i was the casualty assistance officer (cao) for the mother who's son was killed by an ied. spc kyle james wright, 22, kia january 13, 2010. buried in arlington, sec 60, plot 8862. my heart breaks.
- Valerienuzzo: 1/3 saint judas - by james arlington wright when i went out to kill myself, i caught a pack of hoodlums beating up a man. running to spare his suffering, i forgot my name, my number, how my day began, how soldiers milled around the garden stone and sang amusing songs;
- Vp: doug and i send our condolences and prayers to susan and the wright family on the passing of congressman ron wright, a longtime public servant representing the people of arlington, texas. covid has taken far too many from us.
- Jj56123: james arlington wright (december 13, 1927 – march 25, 1980) was an american poet. "poetry can keep life itself alive. you can endure almost anything as long as you can sing about it." ♥️ precisely.
- Jdecampphoto: happy anniversary mara & patrick wright photographed at the blackwell, ohio statehouse and the upper arlington lutheran church. (© james d. decamp |