Who is James A. EmanuelJames Emanuel (born June 15, 1921 – September 28, 2013) was a poet and scholar from Alliance, Nebraska. Emanuel, who is ranked by some critics as one of the best and most neglected poets of the 20th century, published more than 300 poems, 13 individual books, an influential anthology of African American literature, an autobiography, and more. He is also credited with creating a new literary genre, jazz-and-blues haiku, often read with musical accompaniment.
Life Born in Nebraska in 1921, Emanuel was raised in the state. He spent his early years in the western United States where he worked at a variety of jobs. At age twenty he joined the United States Army and served as confidential secretary to the Assistant Inspector General of the U.S. Army Benjamin O....
Read Full Biography
James A. Emanuel Poems
- Wishes, For Alix
Always searching, may you find;
if you run-down,
may you wind;
- Wishes, For Alix [french] (cinq Vœux Pour Alix)
sans cesser de chercher ;
puisses-tu te retrouver,
si tu as tout lâché ;...
- The Young Ones, Flip Side
In tight pants, tight skirts,
Stretched or squeezed,
Crammed in, bursting out,...
- The Young Ones, Flip Side [french] (la Jeunesse, Face B)
Tuyaux de poêle et jupe rétrécie,
La jeunesse peine.
Tellement on la comprime,...
- The Treehouse
To every man
A green splice in the humping years,
Spartan with narrow cot...
Top 10 most used topics by James A. EmanuelSon 6 I Love You 3 Cool 3 Pain 3 Moment 3 Love 3 Away 3 Stay 2 Silence 2 Bird 2
James A. Emanuel Quotes
Comments about James A. Emanuel
- Moorehn: you will not have a functioning democratic party until nancy pelosi, rahm emanuel, james carville and every single enabler of the cl*ntons is forced to find other employment. it is generationally cursed by the cl*nton faction right now, and they've been hanging on way too long.
- Kdfcplaylist: flute concerto in a h 438 by carl philipp emanuel bach / wurttemberg chamber orchestra jorg faerber james galway, flute / rca 60244
- Drguru_: memphis-born james williams will be a referee for tonight’s grizzlies vs warriors game 6. how is the nba allowing this?
- Dabsquad_slank: in 1834, future us president james k. polk shipped the africans he enslaved down to his plantation in mississippi. in 1858, 55 enslaved africans led by giles & emanuel staged an armed revolt on the ms plantation of polk’s wife, wounding a redneck before 75 whites suppressed it.
- Mlp_nlpbooks: and constipations. pulp fiction kasper data science jeer avonex pen hbase lactase own a convertible. fleed freestyle azero opossums james emanuel lavender horrified savage telcoin battlebound fam retweet to win captain kirk boston ovotestis as race. farted gucci germany pineapple