Who is HomerFor other uses, see Homer (disambiguation). name ascribed by the ancient Greeks to the legendary author of the Iliad and the Odyssey"Homeric" and "Homerus" redirect here. For other uses, see Homeric (disambiguation) and Homerus (disambiguation). Roman bust of Homer from the second...
Read Full Biography
- The Odyssey: Book 3
But as the sun was rising from the fair sea into the firmament of
heaven to shed Blight on mortals and immortals, they reached Pylos the
city of Neleus. Now the people of Pylos were gathered on the sea shore
to offer sacrifice of black bulls to Neptune lord of the Earthquake. ...
- The Odyssey: Book 5
And now, as Dawn rose from her couch beside Tithonus- harbinger of
light alike to mortals and immortals- the gods met in council and with
them, Jove the lord of thunder, who is their king. Thereon Minerva
began to tell them of the many sufferings of Ulysses, for she pitied ...
- The Odyssey: Book 4
They reached the low lying city of Lacedaemon them where they
drove straight to the of abode Menelaus [and found him in his own
house, feasting with his many clansmen in honour of the wedding of his
son, and also of his daughter, whom he was marrying to the son of that ...
- The Odyssey: Book 8
Now when the child of morning, rosy-fingered Dawn, appeared,
Alcinous and Ulysses both rose, and Alcinous led the way to the
Phaecian place of assembly, which was near the ships. When they got
there they sat down side by side on a seat of polished stone, while ...
- The Iliad: Book 7
With these words Hector passed through the gates, and his brother
Alexandrus with him, both eager for the fray. As when heaven sends a
breeze to sailors who have long looked for one in vain, and have
laboured at their oars till they are faint with toil, even so ...
Top 10 most used topics by HomerPeople 66 Great 66 Book 66 Father 65 Son 65 Heaven 64 Long 64 Heart 62 Home 60 Never 59
- Evil deeds do not prosper the slow man catches up with the swift.
- It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to lie mangled by the bronze spear. In his death all things appear fair. But when dogs shame the gray head and gray chin and nakedness of an old man killed, it is the most piteous thing that happens among wretched mortals.
- A generation of men is like a generation of leaves the wind scatters some leaves upon the ground, while others the burgeoning wood brings forth - and the season of spring comes on. So of men one generation springs forth and another ceases.
- A small rock holds back a great wave.
- By their own follies they perished, the fools.
Comments about Homer
- Staciemwheeler: someone please hit a homer so i feel better
- Colonthatsme: refs hate us like that’s not even a homer statement we’ve gotten some awful awful calls
- Chris102a1: i told my boy, joe donovan that if he hit a homer, i would shotgun a beet. here's photographic proof that moore is a man of his word. let's go captains!!!!!
- Precioscompara: preventa disponible funko pop! animation: simpsons - buff homer, amazon exclusive a solo $244.72 link :
- Canes_wear: he targeted with his bicep! i’m a homer..but really???