Who is Germaine GreerGermaine Greer (; born 29 January 1939) is an Australian writer and public intellectual, regarded as one of the major voices of the radical feminist movement in the latter half of the 20th century.Specializing in English and women's literature, she has held academic positions in England at the University of Warwick and Newnham College, Cambridge, and in the United States at the University of Tulsa. Based in the United Kingdom since 1964, she has divided her time since the 1990s between Queensland, Australia, and her home in Essex, England.Greer's ideas have created controversy ever since her first book, The Female Eunuch (1970), made her a household name. An international bestseller and a watershed text in the feminist movement, it offered a systematic deconstruction of ideas such as woman...
Read Full Biography of Germaine Greer
Germaine Greer Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Germaine Greer
Germaine Greer Quotes
- Even crushed against his brother in the Tube the average Englishman pretends desperately that he is alone.
- All societies on the verge of death are masculine. A society can survive with only one man no society will survive a shortage of women.
- Freedom is fragile and must be protected. To sacrifice it, even as a temporary measure, is to betray it.
- Man is jealous because of his amour propre woman is jealous because of her lack of it.
- Marriage made more sense when it was indissoluble. It's the woman trying to cope with the strains of a one-parent family who will suffer most from the relaxation of the divorce laws.
Comments about Germaine GreerPoetrygrief: do you think germaine greer knows grief?
Poetrygrief: it's like germaine greer painting self-portraits with rare steak juice
Domkelly65: germaine greer on the c word (1 of 2)
Vicderbyshire: germaine greer's statement to us abt trans women:'just because you lop off your cock & then wear a dress, doesn’t make you a f****** woman'
Mrslouisews: what i love and respect about feminists/scholars such as germaine greer is even when i disagree with her opinion, and at times i strongly disagree, she makes me think. i have to educate myself, learn more about how and why i hold my opinions.
Read All Comments