Who is Amy PoehlerAmy Poehler (; born September 16, 1971) is an American comedian, actress, writer, producer, and director. After studying improv at Chicago's Second City and ImprovOlympic in the early 1990s, Poehler co-founded the improvisational-comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade. The group moved to New York City in 1996 where their act became a half-hour sketch-comedy series on Comedy Central in 1998. Along with other members of the comedy group, Poehler is a founder of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
In 2001, Poehler joined the cast of the NBC sketch-comedy series Saturday Night Live. She became co-anchor of SNL's Weekend Update in 2004 until she left the series in 2008 to star as Leslie Knope in the sitcom Parks and Recreation. She also provided voice acting roles for the films Shrek...
Read Full Biography of Amy Poehler
Amy Poehler Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Amy Poehler
Amy Poehler Quotes
- Improvisation is almost like the retarded cousin in the comedy world. We've been trying forever to get improvisation on TV. It's just like stand-up. It's best when it's just left alone. It doesn't translate always on TV. It's best live.
- I cannot stress enough that the answer to life's questions is often in people's faces. Try putting your iPhones down once in a while, and look in people's faces. People's faces will tell you amazing things. Like if they are angry, or nauseous or asleep.
- When you're a stay-at-home mother you have to pretend it's really boring, but it's not. It's enriching and fulfilling, and an amazing experience. And then when you're a working mother you have to pretend that you feel guilty all day long.
- I worked at an ice cream parlor called Chadwicks. We wore old-timey outfits and had to bang a drum, play a kazoo, and sing 'Happy Birthday' to people while giving them free birthday sundaes. Lots of ice cream scooping and $1 tips.
- As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people's ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.
Comments about Amy PoehlerIdesheaven: no one: olivia last night: lorne knocked up amy poehler
1girlrevo: today, we're celebrating amy poehler, an actress, comedian, writer, producer, and director who has used her platform to support and empower women.
1girlrevo: in 2014, amy founded the organization "amy poehler's smart girls," which aims to inspire and empower young women to be their authentic selves in pursuit of their passions.
1girlrevo: let's follow amy poehler's lead and use our own voices and talents to make a positive impact on the world. happy women's history month! listen, learn, and get involved at:
Himbohorror: amy poehler like a feather edit gone already?! nooooooo
Read All Comments