Who is Gabriela MistralGabriela MistralBornLucila de María del Perpetuo Socorro Godoy Alcayaga
(1889-04-07)7 April 1889
Vicuña, ChileDied10 January 1957(1957-01-10) (aged 67)
Hempstead, New YorkOccupationEducator, Diplomat, Poet.NationalityChilean...
Read Full Biography
Gabriela Mistral Poems
- The Sad Mother
Sleep, sleep, my beloved,
without worry, without fear,
although my soul does not sleep,
although I do not rest. ...
- Song Of Death
Old Woman Census-taker,
Death the Trickster,
when you're going along,
don't you meet my baby. ...
- Tiny Feet
A child's tiny feet,
Blue, blue with cold,
How can they see and not protect you?
Oh, my God! ...
- To See Him Again
Never, never again?
Not on nights filled with quivering stars,
or during dawn's maiden brightness
or afternoons of sacrifice? ...
- Death Sonnet I
From the icy niche where men placed you
I lower your body to the sunny, poor earth.
They didn't know I too must sleep in it
and dream on the same pillow. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Gabriela MistralChild 6 God 6 Heart 6 Night 5 Song 5 Never 5 Mother 5 Face 4 Sun 4 I Love You 3
Gabriela Mistral Quotes
Comments about Gabriela Mistral
- Science13319579: the gabriela mistral nebula by josep m. drudis
- Konstructivizm: the gabriela mistral nebula - a nebula named after the famous poet due to her profile being visible near the center
- Ljhannah2: who knows this quote? "beauty is the shadow of god on the universe." -- gabriela mistral
- Eclipsedsolar: *blows a kiss to the stars* for gabriela mistral
- Janetim8: january 10, 1957 – died gabriela mistral, chilean poet and academic