Who is Gabriela MistralGabriela MistralBornLucila de María del Perpetuo Socorro Godoy Alcayaga
(1889-04-07)7 April 1889
Vicuña, ChileDied10 January 1957(1957-01-10) (aged 67)
Hempstead, New YorkOccupationEducator, Diplomat, Poet.NationalityChilean...
Read Full Biography
Gabriela Mistral Poems
- The Sad Mother
Sleep, sleep, my beloved,
without worry, without fear,
although my soul does not sleep,
although I do not rest. ...
- Song Of Death
Old Woman Census-taker,
Death the Trickster,
when you're going along,
don't you meet my baby. ...
- Tiny Feet
A child's tiny feet,
Blue, blue with cold,
How can they see and not protect you?
Oh, my God! ...
- To See Him Again
Never, never again?
Not on nights filled with quivering stars,
or during dawn's maiden brightness
or afternoons of sacrifice? ...
- Death Sonnet I
From the icy niche where men placed you
I lower your body to the sunny, poor earth.
They didn't know I too must sleep in it
and dream on the same pillow. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Gabriela MistralChild 6 God 6 Heart 6 Night 5 Song 5 Never 5 Mother 5 Face 4 Sun 4 I Love You 3
Gabriela Mistral Quotes
Comments about Gabriela Mistral
- Seventydys: the honeycomb that hides its gold gabriela mistral, ‘the happy woman’, tr randall couch
- Magicalselfbot: gabriela mistral needs acceptance
- Drsanamahmood: “did i live with you in a post life? was i your lifelong partner? is that why the idea of losing you torments me so much? how long have i been without you?”. gabriela mistral, from a letter to doris dana c. january 1950 (translated by velma garcía-gorena).
- Immunitykarla: rip gabriela mistral you would’ve loved the lakes by taylor swift
- Godaphrodite1: “i killed a woman in me: one i did not love.” — gabriela mistral from madwomen: poems of gabriela mistral; the other. trans. randall couch.