Who is Gabriela MistralGabriela MistralBornLucila de María del Perpetuo Socorro Godoy Alcayaga
(1889-04-07)7 April 1889
Vicuña, ChileDied10 January 1957(1957-01-10) (aged 67)
Hempstead, New YorkOccupationEducator, Diplomat, Poet.NationalityChilean...
Read Full Biography
Gabriela Mistral Poems
- The Sad Mother
Sleep, sleep, my beloved,
without worry, without fear,
although my soul does not sleep,
although I do not rest. ...
- Song Of Death
Old Woman Census-taker,
Death the Trickster,
when you're going along,
don't you meet my baby. ...
- Tiny Feet
A child's tiny feet,
Blue, blue with cold,
How can they see and not protect you?
Oh, my God! ...
- To See Him Again
Never, never again?
Not on nights filled with quivering stars,
or during dawn's maiden brightness
or afternoons of sacrifice? ...
- Death Sonnet I
From the icy niche where men placed you
I lower your body to the sunny, poor earth.
They didn't know I too must sleep in it
and dream on the same pillow. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Gabriela MistralChild 6 God 6 Heart 6 Night 5 Song 5 Never 5 Mother 5 Face 4 Sun 4 I Love You 3
Gabriela Mistral Quotes
Comments about Gabriela Mistral
- Brian_scoles: love beauty. it is the shadow of god on the universe. (gabriela mistral)
- M34653: what the soul is to the body, so is the artist to his people gabriela mistral
- Jvvxxrx: gabriela mistral after «eating doris», long island, 2020
- Oslc_eastside: love beauty. it is the shadow of god on the universe. (gabriela mistral)
- Pergament_f: “she talks with an accent of savage seas. her breathing is the breath of the wilderness, she has loved with a passion that makes her blanch, which she never mentions and which would be like the map of another star if she told us.” gabriela mistral